Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3CCD WARS

Hi,
    Can anyone give their humble opinion on which 3CCD video camera offers the best bang for the buck? (picture quality, features, audio etc.)

-Sony DSRPD-150
    -Sony DCR-VX2000
    -Canon GL1
    -Canon XL1

The only one I've used is the Canon XL1 and was very impressed. The others????
    "Whoa..."
    Keanu Reeves.

Don't forget the Sony DCR-TRV900.

The current issue of Camcorder & Computer Video magazine has a comparison of several 3CCD camcorders. The TRV900 seems to have fared VERY well against the higher priced competition.

Comment

I have a TRV900, and I'm very happy with it. There are, however, many people who prefer the smoother look of the video output from the XL-1 with that famous Canon glass. I only went with the TRV900 because it was less expensive and weighs a lot less. It gives a very nice, clear image that (compared to the XL-1) looks more "video-ish" because of the CCD's having a higher resolution than the XL-1 or GL-1. But this is something that a person needs to judge for themselves, as the XL-1 hasn't been such a popular unit for no reason...

Jeff B

Comment

The VX2000 has amazing low-light picture quality, if that's something you care about...
        Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

Comment

Interesting link here. Follow the other links and you'll browse whole day long:

http://www.bealecorner.com/trv900/index.html

I would like to have your problem ...

Ivan

Comment

The Panasonic NV-DX110 ain't bad, either, but I don't think there is an NTSC version. Recently advertised at <£900 in a UK mag and very well reviewed in same mag. They give arbitrary scores on all the 3-CCD ones mentioned in a buyers' guide:
            DCR-VX2000 96%
            DCR-VX9000 94%
            XL1 96%
            NV-DX110 95%
            DCR-TRV890 85%
            DCR-TRV900 85%
            DCR-VX1000 87%

It would therefore seem there is little to choose between the first four, according to their judgement criteria, which may be somewhat arbitrary. However, the Panasonic is the cheapest of all the 90%++ 3-CCD cameras (similar price to TRV900).

------------------
            Brian (the terrible)
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
            X