PDA

View Full Version : Two questions: Anyone here into Paintball and/or flying?

seether
30th May 2003, 02:50
A friend got me into paintball a few months ago, and although I've only gone a couple of times so far and don't even have my own equipment yet I'm totally addicted. We got a local place to open up for us next wednesday for a private game for about 30 of us on all their fields for his bachelar party - can't wait :cool: :cool: :cool:

I also received a belated birthday present from my ex girlfriend today - an introductory flying lession certificate (dependant upon passing a physical of course, which will be no prob). I'v always loved flying, but never bother looking into a pilot's liscenes because of the incorrect assumption of the costs and time required, but a couple thousand dollars is totally doable to learn to fly. I'm totally stoked for my first lesson!!

Who else is into it??

KvHagedorn
30th May 2003, 02:55
How about paintball ultralight dogfighting? :D

seether
30th May 2003, 03:10
now THAT would be way cool :)

ZokesPro
30th May 2003, 06:22
I love paintball!!!!

GuchiGuh
30th May 2003, 06:27
Paintballing illegal in western australia :(

ZokesPro
30th May 2003, 07:02
Originally posted by GuchiGuh
Paintballing illegal in western australia :(

That's a damn shame. :(

Helevitia
30th May 2003, 11:27
I was heavily into paintball for several years but all of my buddies who I played with moved away and I hadn't played in a year or so. I ended up selling all of my gear for $1000(I put about $3000 into it).
If youa re serious about getting into it, I'd start off with a Spyder. Easy to modify, fix and maintain and teaches a lot of basics. If you still like it after that you can consider upgrading.

Dave

Byock
30th May 2003, 11:35
I have never tried paintball. I really should get around to it one day. But, then I have lived in Utah all my life, and never been skiing either. Time to try a few things, I guess.

Dr Mordrid
30th May 2003, 13:33
My dream is to have a glider or autogyro with automatic paintball guns mounted under the wings :D

Dr. Mordrid

Helevitia
30th May 2003, 15:07
I always thought snowboard paintball would be pretty fun myself :D

ZokesPro
30th May 2003, 15:15
This vehicle is pretty bad-ass, the ground version of what Doc was talking about.

http://www.tippmann.com/home/hhound/car.gif

P.S: I was a victim of a drive by paintballing. Luckily no one was painted.

Tjalfe
31st May 2003, 09:36
I want one ! :D

Technoid
31st May 2003, 11:10
Originally posted by ZokesPro
This vehicle is pretty bad-ass, the ground version of what Doc was talking about.

http://www.tippmann.com/home/hhound/car.gif

P.S: I was a victim of a drive by paintballing. Luckily no one was painted.

In the words of Bugs Bunny:

You know ofcourse that THIS means war!

Would probably be what I would think after a drive by paintballing :p

The Rock
1st June 2003, 10:31
Paintball is great fun, but it gets expensive once your hooked. I stopped because I just couldn't put the money into it when I bought my car. :(