Nvidia IQ and destroyed for speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia IQ and destroyed for speed

General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

It looks like Nvidia is giving up quality for speed, (i know this is not something new, but when it's too much, it's too much)
    NocturnDragon

Funny I thought Nvidea and High IQ was a conflict of terms.

The images do look a bit orrid don't they.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Heh, I had to link it at HardForums. Check it out if you want.
      System Specs:
      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
      May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
      Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
      And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
      just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
      For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Now that must be a tricky situation for NVidia! No matter what they do now, there will always be some people complaining about their decisions.
        If they decide to improve the image quality, it will not come without the cost in gaming performance and the gamers are their main customers after all...

Comment

"WOW" is all i can say.

Comment

So what's new about this? nVidia kept lowering IQ in the last drivers to disguise the lower speed of their cards.
            Those shots only show the (in such selected cases) drastic effects of the lowered rendering performance the nVidia drivers force on DX9 software, but don't forget about their also reduced LOD and Texture detail settings they used even before this.

The thing that's even worse than nVidias "approach" to their performance problem is, that nearly none of the reviewers mentions this
            (tells you how to rate those "reviewers" - a bunch of paid lying bastards...)
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

tells you how to rate those "reviewers" - a bunch of paid lying bastards..
              ... not all of them.

Interesting read here:

Hati

Comment

when was the date of the hporthermia article? anyone know? If memory serves correct, that was a year or two ago?

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yeah, Based on the fact they wanted him to remove 3DfX logos, that places it a few years ago.
                  "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

It's not the same now really, nV picked up the 3dfx PR team (now headed by former 3dfx Brian Burke, good buddy of dumba... Kyle I mean.)

Comment

Working...
                    X