Geeky cool Legos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geeky cool Legos

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Nutty!

Comment

Hehe, have to claime my lego back from my brother who don't use it any more and build some for myself
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I do have to wonder what these people could acheive if their effort was, erm, a little differently directed...

Pretty cool nonetheless...
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Give me enough pieces, and I'll build you nearly anything in Lego. I'm 22 and still loving Lego like when I was 3.

J1NG

Comment

I was a huge lego fan when I was small...

Comment

LEgo was great - but mechano was better, for the ability to build things - when you were 8!

actually, it can stiull be handy - a friend uses it to build various testing rigs in his workshop......

RedRed
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Lego was great, but it cost too much.
                Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Lego Technics is awesome hey

Comment

Cool model, too bad the characters don't quite fit.

Originally posted by Drizzt
                    Lego was great, but it cost too much.
                    Have to agree on that.

Comment

You kidding? I used to enter my hometown Library's Lego contests; I won in my last year of eligibility (I built a model of a Kaman Husky "eggbeater" Helicopter).

But my experience predates Technic...it was "Expert Builder" back then.

Now, in my Hometown, they have a Lego Themepark. This is now the ONLY reason I would move back to California.
                      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan
                        ...This is now the ONLY reason I would move back to California...
                        My mothers family is from the Gravette area.
                        From what I've seen of Bentonville the last few years, soon you might want to move back to California to get away from all the people in the "Greater Bentonville Metroplex"
                        chuck

PS when were Leggos invented? I don't remember them from my childhood. (50's)
                        It was all Erector Sets back then.
                        Up hill both ways
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

I remember getting some in the late 60s, and I think they were fairly new then.

There was only one grey base plate, about 5x10 inches in size, upon which you were supposed to build a house.. I think there were the 2x8, 2x2, and 1x2 bricks, and maybe a 2x14 or something like that. The bricks were all either red or white. They also had basic wheels and the bricks to stick them in, and roof pieces, one kind of door, and two kinds of window. I don't think the makers had any idea of how far Lego would go back then.
                          Last edited by KvHagedorn; 29 May 2003, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan
                            You kidding? I used to enter my hometown Library's Lego contests; I won in my last year of eligibility (I built a model of a Kaman Husky "eggbeater" Helicopter).
                            Was it anything like this one? Holy Crap!

I've never been to a Lego theme park.. this stuff is just unreal!

Last edited by KvHagedorn; 29 May 2003, 18:05.

Comment

OMFG

Comment

Working...
                              X