G400 and Clone not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and Clone not working

I've got a G400 that has been working fine in the DVDMax mode in putting video out to my TV. I also want to be able to turn the clone feature on so I can output some games to the TV.

I've been unable to get the Clone feature to work. When I try to turn it on on the property page, there isn't an option to "enable" it. I've had it working before on other systems, but this one doesn't want to seem to work.

I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers. The machine I'm running this one on is a W2k box. I've been searching through the forum and haven't had any luck yet finding an answer. I'm sure it's something, but haven't found it yet.

Any thoughts?

assign a hotkey to the clone option in the hotkey properties page of powerdesk, and hit that hotkey.

Comment

Thanks! That worked. (I feel like an idiot for missing that). Now I just need to get Clone working when DirectX is used on the main display.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure that will work. The G400 doesn't do hardware acceleration on the 2nd head. That's only a hunch though, so does anybody know for sure?
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Direct3D and OpenGL should be clone-able to the tv-out or secondary display without any performance hit. You might want to sync the refresh of both heads if you get distortions on the secondary head.

On an entirely different note, the G400 won't hardware accelerate the second head in independant dualhead mode (DH Multi-Display).

Comment

Clone with D3D is working like a charm.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
            X