DrSlump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrSlump

Has anyone seen any signs of life since he went off on his motorbike in an admittedly tiddly condition?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

my goodness i hope he is ok

Comment

Yeah.. drinking and motocycle riding is a dangerous combo
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I like to live life dangerously!

Comment

Drinking and driving is making others live dangerously. I couldn't care less about what you do to yourself.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'm here and I'm ok

I've been kind of busy this weekend. Work, study, meeting girls, playing football, sleeping ...

personal experiences apart, I don't think that driving a scooter drunk (but knowing what you are doing) is more dangerous than speeding above the road limit on a car or to play with a gun.
            But I don't want to start an argue, I know that what I did was wrong.

kisses, Ivan
            <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Good to see that you are still alive at least
              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by drslump
                I don't think that driving a scooter drunk (but knowing what you are doing) is more dangerous than speeding above the road limit on a car or to play with a gun.

Actually it is. If someone swurves to miss you and hits someone head on, I would say it's more dangerous than driving above the speed limit.
                #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                people do all day!"

Comment

DrSlump, it might not be very dangerous to you (and even if it were especially dangerous, it's your own choice to put yourself at risk), but it IS very dangerous to others (in any case more dangerous than you driving sober or not at all), and it was not their choice.

You may put yourself at any risk you like anytime you want, but you may never endanger other people, especially not because of stupidity or laziness.

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I think driving while very tired is at least as bad as driving drunk, too. If you are nodding off, pull over and rest.

Comment

Driving (or doing anything potentially dangerous, like operating heavy machinery, playing with guns, etc.) should never be done while not at 100% brain capacity, whatever reason there may be (alcohol, tiredness...)

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

100% brain capacity.....trying to remember when I had that last....
                        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I heard somewhere that we never use 100% of our brains.. Einstein supposedly used more than average, though.. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                            I heard somewhere that we never use 100% of our brains.. Einstein supposedly used more than average, though.. LOL
                            These hard to kill myths

the Human brain are used to 100% just not that our cognitive functions use the whole of the "brain"
                            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

You brain mustn't be very big since it fits on a DVD j/k (and a bad one)
                              <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Working...
                              X