Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to all europeans out there

fellow european people of Murc:

if happens that you are watching the "Eurovision" music festival, please don't vote for Spain!!!!! :

I'm sick of it, from two weeks ago they've been speaking about this "low quality music" festival as if it was a new Woodstock

Perhaps if Spain gets a very very low mark they'll be ashamed to participate next year well, maybe not. Anyway the spanish singer sucks and so does the song.

thanks, Ivan
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

He he.

Just had the misfortune to hear the British entry

It was a bad enough song, and then the singers butchered it.

Comment

Perhaps we should put together a group of our own (picked out of Tempest's music makers thread) and enter next time as "The EU" or something. I call drums, and vote we do something in the style of Tool...
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Good idea - so please, don't vote for Poland either.
        Last edited by Nowhere; 24 May 2003, 13:39.

Comment

maybe you should all vote for the austrian fellow, otherwise he will be in desperate need for votes...

what do you think of him?

thank god I don't have a TV here and can avoid watching it.

mfg
          wulfman
          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
          "Lobsters?"
          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
            Perhaps we should put together a group of our own (picked out of Tempest's music makers thread) and enter next time as "The EU" or something. I call drums, and vote we do something in the style of Tool...
            Great idea!

I can't play any instrument though
            I'll wait on the backstage drinking whiskey and choosing the best looking women among our fans. So you/we can have a nice time after the gig
            I think that job is called band's manager

I can even image the hit of the summer :
            I wanna be a post whore!

I wanna be a post whore
            post whore, post whore ...
            I may be confussed
            but one thing is clear in my mind ....
            I wanna be a post whore

[chorus] post whore, post whore [/chorus]
            [chorus continues for 8 and a half minutes]
            [singer alone whispering] post whore

and now I'm going out to the pub, to drink whisky and forget that I must be at work at 6am on a Sunday!
            Last edited by drslump; 24 May 2003, 14:23.
            <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Hehe well done UK.
              Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

UK got shot down hard there. First time for that amazing score eh?

D*mn! I wanted Russia to win too. Just to pee off those people in the studio. You just don't boo no matter what your reasons, especially in something like this.

J1NG

:: edit, spelling ::
                Last edited by J1NG; 24 May 2003, 15:50.

Comment

Yeah! UK nul points! Maybe Terry Wogan won't get his bottle of scotch next year.
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

just to let you know

I just came from a club, I'm completely drunk so forget muy spelling.

I'm drinking a coffee before I get the motorbike to go to work (I start in 25 mintutes).

Tomorrow afternoon I have a date with a girl, lets hope I'll be ok.

I don't know how was the result of the spanish songf but I don't really care, so good night to everybody.

ciao, ivan

Comment

Re: just to let you know

Originally posted by drslump
                      I just came from a club, I'm completely drunk so forget muy spelling.

I'm drinking a coffee before I get the motorbike to go to work (I start in 25 mintutes).
                      ****ole. You have no business driving drunk, and if I were there I'd break your knees myself before you got on the bike.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I only watched till tatu, and they were dressed (and the song was bad too, like all others)

Wulfman, the Austrian guy is a great comedian, but the sound was so poor I couldn't understand him, and the music was of course just bad. He shouldn't have come.

DrSlump/Wombat: I wouldn't say it as harsh as Wombat, but he's right. If you want to kill/cripple yourself, that's fine with me, but you endanger lots of other people if you drive drunk, and that's definately NOT OK!

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well! For the first time for many years, I did watch it (and didn't vote): I was buggered thru' working in the garden all day (and suffering today ), and there was nowt else on, on any of the channels, other than news, which I'd already seen and was even more depressing the the contest (I suppose it IS possible). The last three were certainly deserving of their fate, especially the UK which was decidedly the worst of the lot. In terms of song- and performance-quality, I think Germany was good, but it was too fabricated for the occasion and the singer had too much a mouth like a piano keyboard to get votes for appearance. Norway was good, as well, but the lad was too pretty to get normal male votes. I liked the black-haired girl in Tatu for the visual and the song/performance was at least fairly original, but not as original as Austria's entry, which was slightly refreshing but hardly a good song, which it was all about. Quite frankly, I could not judge the lyrics of Belgium , which goes to show that lyrics count for nothing. As for Turkey, I cannot understand how they won: I thought they were pretty mediocre, unless belly-buttons count for more than lyrics and musical quality in a song contest. If so, Tatu should have performed starkers

However, I cannot help but reflect that the voting seemed to reflect political affinities more often than it did on the merits of a song. Maybe that was why the UK didn't get a single vote, as well: it was considered to be too close to being the 51st State after events over the past few months (and Turkey had bravely cocked a snook at the 50 others) and, after all, it is a "European" contest, even with a wide stretch of the imagination.
                          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I only watched tATu as well, and I was as disappointed as az
                            "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

First time in over 10 years that I watched this. Have to say, it sucks more than it did then. It has become a kind of Idols program, but then europe wide. The emptyiness, idleness en stupidity of almost all contributions was appaling, and of course, some female beauty thrown in to get some votes. Let's face it, put this on the radio, and you;ll have NO listeners..... Sickening, that's what it was.

Having said that, I liked Austria a lot. One of the very few sincere competitors. And of course, the Netherlands should have one.

First time I heard and swa tatu. Can't say I was impressed, although the stood apart from most others with respect to the performacne (i.e. the show, they can';t sing).

Never gonna watch again.
                              Umf
                              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                              X