Pistons to draft Darko Milicic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons to draft Darko Milicic??

The Detroit Pistons basketball team has drawn the NBA's #2 draft choice and the word is they're leaning towards picking Darko Milicic; a 7' plus Serbian with a rep for playing tough & being an accurate shooter....which would fit right in with the Pistons rough & tumble style. The "street word" in Detroit is that if he pans out the Pistons will dominate the Eastern Division of the NBA for years.

So, the question is if anyone from Europe knows if Darko Milicic is the "real deal"?

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 May 2003, 08:43.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Not heard, however, I'm not watching Eurolague that close.

Will check.

Serbs are world champions in basketball ATM and are among world's best in coaching and developing young talents.

Comment

Basketball disgusts me. Some kid who went right to the NBA after high school just signed a contract for $90 million. I don't care what anybody says, that is majorly f*cked up. The people that grow our food in this country can't make a living and this shit goes on. It's absolutely evil.

Comment

That $90 million wasn't for playing basketball....it's LeBron James ENDORSEMENT contract with Nike. Wait 'til the kids officially drafted and the other companies start lining up. The total will make his playing contract + Nike look like pocket change

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

*ahem*

"...the Pistons (sic) rough & tumble style..."

I think you're giving WAY too much credit to a bunch of guys that can't spell their own names.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Who needs credit when you have $90million in cash? He'll probably blow it all on cocaine and gold jewelry while people who actually work for a living can't afford health insurance. I think anyone who supports pro sports with their dollars needs to be hit with a baseball bat. And that includes city governments who spend tax dollars on stadiums.

Comment

Panem et circenses.

Comment

They may be games, and we do have bread, but if you think the American people are quiet or placated you haven't been here in a while

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

To expand: I didn't mean America in particular, it's the same across the Globe (with some sports more popular here and others there).

What I mean is, that sport is more and more becoming entertainment industry and advertising business.

Comment

Just think.. while that guy is making $90 million to make a couple of 30 second commercials hawking their stuff, Nike pays some homeless child in Pakistan ten cents a week to MAKE their products for them. Can anyone think of a more gross corporate evil? No wonder those homeless Pakistani kids hate Americans and join terrorist-training madrasses.

Comment

KvH, u r starting to sound like one of those anti-globalists (communists in disguise?).... Kinda refreshing
                      What should we do about these kind of things?
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Re: Pistons to draft Darko Milicic??

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                        The "street word" in Detroit is that if he pans out the Pistons will dominate the Eastern Division of the NBA for years.
                        I guess they are gonna need him since they got sweep by the Nets
                        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                        X