Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon XL1 to PC connection(?)

Hi all,
    I know a guy who knows a guy...no names...who wants to cover an event with a Canon XL1 connected to a PC with a Canopus card which will broadcast live (streaming) on the net.

What kind of connection between the PC and the XL1 do you think he should use? Cable? Wireless? Is there a wireless solution to get the signal from the camera to the PC? This would be excellent, no dangling cords for people to trip over. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    "Whoa..."
    Keanu Reeves.

I'd suggest using its S-Video port. He might be able to buy a wireless rig to connect to the S-Video ports on the card & cam, but $$$$.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hey Doc.
      Does such a wireless setup exist? Can you point me toward more info on this? He may just go for it.

If he goes the wired route, what would maintain a better signal on really long cables, S-Video cables or co-ax? (he's going to need to cover some ground)
      Thanks!
      "Whoa..."
      Keanu Reeves.

Comment

Hi,
        Does anyone know at what legnth firewire, s-video and composite cables begin to degrade a video signal? Which one would supply the best video signal at the greatest legnth when connecting a camcorder to a PC?
        Thanks!
        "Whoa..."
        Keanu Reeves.

Comment

Working...
        X