Bugger pt II from one problem to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugger pt II from one problem to another

Well my adsl doesn't work. According to the netgear it's got a connection. I need to verify the settings with the company but can't be arsed now. If I've time tomorrow I'll give them another ring.
    At least plusnet do answer the phone. First problem was that username on the printout was wrong. Anyway that didn't fix it and at the moment I'm more interested in how my main machine behaves with it's latest bios. See the the other bugger thread.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Pit, u remind me of someone who always has troubles when buidling/upgrading/changing kit. Who was it already?....uhm, oh yeah, me
    Luckily, I don;t do things as often as you!
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
      Pit, u remind me of someone who always has troubles when buidling/upgrading/changing kit. Who was it already?....uhm, oh yeah, me
      Luckily, I don;t do things as often as you!
      Well at least I don't walk into the room and all the computers die as some people seem to do.
      Keeps me in practise for fixing other problems.
      I reckon this will be some configuration error or some info that hasn't been supplied by plusnet.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I assume this is an ADSL connection, what settings does it ask for

The usual ones are :

Connection type : PPPoA
        Encapsulation : VCMux
        Authentication : CHAP
        VPI : 0
        VCI : 38
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Here in sweden the usual ones are

Connection type : PPPoE
          Encapsulation : LLC
          Authentication : NFI
          VPI : 8
          VCI : 35
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I've got a collegue at work who uses plusnet I'll ask him.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Problem solved. When the I signed up for the account the print out didn't include details of my adsl account it just said heres your user dns mail etc so I rightly presumed this was the details for my adsl account.
              When I rang up the Technician told me to use my email account username which was also wrong. Silly bugger.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
              X