Matrox G450 Dual Head 3D question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G450 Dual Head 3D question

What card or cards can you compare with the Matrox 32 meg G450 Dual Head agp in 3d performance. A friend told me it does 3d about as well as a TNT2. Is this true or is it faster?

Thanks

Mike

speedwise it compares to a tnt2(non-ultra) afaik.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I've never owned a G450, but I don't think it would do quite as well as a TNT2. I'd say the G400 vanilla is about TNT2 speeds, and the MAX is somewhere around TNT2 Ultra speeds. The G450 is supposed to be the slowest of the G4xx series.

I'd actually like to see some benches with all the cards - G400, G400 MAX, G450, G550... I imagine the G450 would be the slowest and the G400 MAX the fastest, but we would finally find out if the G550 is slower or faster than G400 vanilla. I imagine it to be a little slower though.
      Last edited by Tempest; 22 May 2003, 08:37.

Comment

do you think it would be more right to compare it to a tnt2m64 ?

I never owned a g450 either.
        This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I hope it isn't as bad as a M64... My friend had one of those, and oh-my-god how it sucked. For the first two months we even thought that there had to be something wrong with the drivers.

Anyway, the differences in performance between TNT2's and the G4xx/G550 cards are of course pretty insignificant today, because (let's face it) they're all pretty much obsolete for 3D.

Comment

Hey! Quit trashing the TNT2 M64!!

It wasn't that bad, of course with today's games and such it really sucks ass but back then I could run a whack load of 3D games @ 1024x768 with 30PFS+.

I used to play half life @1024x768 and it ran really smooth.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Hey... its Half Life An ATI Rage IIC can run it

Comment

Working...
              X