Nforce 2 Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nforce 2 Boards

Anyone have any suggestions for brand of Nforce 2 boards? With good on board Audio...its for a new PC for my Old man.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Epox 8RDA+, Abit NF7-S V2.0, Epox 8RDA3+, Soltek...all good stuff
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I've read good reviews of MSI's nForce2 boards, because I was looking into getting one.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

A friend just did his and his wifes computers with ASUS A7N8X one deluxe and one "plain". He has had nothing but praise. I myself have two of the deluxe models that I will be installaing starting this evening in my wifes and my rig. I will let you know how it goes.
        Home Brewer the Quintessential Alchemist!

Comment

All the 400fsb certifed models I know of

MSI (delta) model dolby digital compliant and uses promise SATA controller(extra IDE as well as 2 raid SATA ports)...but does not have mounting holes for certain Heatsinks...

ASUS (deluxe) rev 2, dolby digital compliant, uses SI SATA controller

Epox 8rda3+ not dolby digital compliant but does do ac3, etc. IT uses the SI SATA controller.

There have quite a few reports of problems with the SI sata controller, slow write speed and some corruption(but some say a fix has been found).

I am going for the asus a7n8x rev 2 model, was alll set to get the MSI one but I can't mount my water block on it
          Was also tempted by the epox model, but It will take abit longer to arrive in oz..

Most other models are not certifesd to run at 200 fsb(400ddr), which I think is quite important...

PS the abit model is said to be good, but I am wary and Gigabyte will be releaseing one soon.

Comment

Asus isn't bad

Comment

I want one too - do I get the Abit NF7-S v2 or the Asus A7N8X-Deluxe? My last few boards have been Asus and I have had no problems with them and I've been stung in the past with Abits....

They've all been getting good reviews though. Help!

Comment

Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev.2 with official support for DDR400/FSB200

Comment

See Above
                  PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                  Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                  +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I've used an A7N8X Deluxe, an A7N266-E (NF1) and an Epox 8RDA+.

The Epox has left me feeling sour. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but it's just not as nice as the Asus boards.
                    MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

First machine (mine) is now built and runs S W E E T. Not a hitch. ASUS has done a fine job. I will install my wifes machine this weekend.
                      Home Brewer the Quintessential Alchemist!

Comment

apparently asus has released a bios update for the pre 400fsb(PCB 1.06 and lower) board to allow them to run reliably at 400 FSB..

Comment

Well just to be different I went for the Abit

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC
                            Well just to be different I went for the Abit
                            Well, Abit owners has their hell here on earth so you'll probably go to heaven
                            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I've hated Abit for the last couple of years, but I remembered yesterday how great the old BE6-II was and so went for the NF7-S hoping this would be the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X