Any people making music over here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any people making music over here?

I was just wondering if we have any musicians here? All kinds qualify - those that make a living out of it, and those performing / playing / composing just for fun. Links to samples of your music are of course welcome

Personally, I play a little keyboards and used to own a drum set, but I haven't gone to any music schools... As a child I used to play the electric organ (sounds kinky) that we had at home. I'm interested in electronic / computer music, and used to spend a lot of time in Scream Tracker and Impulse Tracker, but since they only work in DOS I gave up on them... And zTracker isn't quite the same, so I'm currently using Cakewalk for the little I do - for me the melody is usually more important than the effects.

I'm (in)famous for never having completed a whole piece of music though, most of the time I just play for fun, coming up with catchy refrains but never patient enough to make a whole song out of it.

Here's a short cliché-march MIDI tune that I did last night (meant to be played as a loop): file <small>
    Updated the file... This really isn't the typical style for me, I'm normally more into electro / dancepop / house... But I like to experiment now and then.</small>
    Last edited by Tempest; 22 May 2003, 06:25.

I sing in the shower.

Badly.
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Then let's hope it isn't recorded! (j/k)

I used to create *.mod *.s3m files and such with Impulse Tracker but that was way back when.
      Last edited by ZokesPro; 21 May 2003, 09:00.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I do not personally, but know many people who do. One friend who does some techno/house stuff uses Reason 2.5. The software package has the sound banks for every major keyboard and fx machine to come out in the past 25+ years. It's the bomb from what I hear.

For mixing or editing music files on a PC, the prefered software packages are Sound Forge and Cool Edit Pro.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

whats better than a rose on a piano?

Tulips on my organ.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I play guitar and piano, although not so much piano since an apartment isn't a good place to have one of those.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
              Then let's hope it isn't recorded! (j/k)
              I used to create *.mod *.s3m files and such with Impulse Tracker but that was way back when.
              The old days, I used Fasttracker 2 to make my mod files .
              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Do you remember Cubic Player? I loved that program.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Vaguely, It wasn't as graphical as Fasttracker or other trackers IIRC.
                  Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                  Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                  Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

LOL @GT
                    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I can play the guitar and the clarinet. (both badly)
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                        Do you remember Cubic Player? I loved that program.
                        Ooo... Cubic Player..... (drools...)

Err...

I used to do some songs in Scream Tracker 3, then Impulse Tracker later. I've been trying to get back into music making with Mod Plug Tracker, but an 8-5 job and girlfriend tends to not leave nearly enough time to write music in.

Otherwise, I play a bit of piano and acoustic guitar. Not really good at either though. Or the musicmaking bit in that case...

I have a couple songs up on Angelfire. One's was a quick job of Greensleeves I did this previous Christmas when I was trying to get back into the flow of things. The other was a metal song I composed in the summer of '97 or so.

Here is the link if you want to make fun of me have a listen: http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/modmusic/
                        Last edited by Zitch; 21 May 2003, 13:38.

Comment

I play the Piano and keybord... have three picese that i can say are compositions and curently i am working on a scor for a film.. i dont like techno but this film requiers techno... i personaly like clasik rock and clasical music as far back as the renecance.... anciant music is also fabulus... much inspiered by Alen Parsons, Bach, Bathoven, Brahms, Rachmaninove, Debusy, Led zeplin, Pink Floyd, Vangelis, The doors, Dead Can Dance etc... etc...

I use CubaseSX and Wavelab for editing and scoring... Cubase is the program for music creation with all the VST instruments and all... got over 10GB of samples on my PC including drums of all sorts...

no links as i dont have them on the net.
                          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

What about e-Jay?
                            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I play keyboard / electric organ (not too well, though).

Used to create some tracks with Oktalyzer on the Amiga and even before that with some Soundtracker- predecessor on the C=64 coded by Chris Huelsbeck.
                              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                              My System
                              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                              German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                              X