Vendor/Credit Card Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendor/Credit Card Question

I ordered a new digital camera last week, after placing the order the place called me at work to try and sell me some extra crap that I didn't needed, which I politely refused to buy. They told me that they would ship it out once my CC cleared. I was following my CC account online and the Vendor charged me on the 14th for the Camera. I checked the status of my order during last week and it still stated that it was going to the shipping department. I called last friday and talked to customer support, where I was rushed off the phone and told that the camera would go out that day. I've been checking the status up all weekend till today and it still has it as going to the shipping department without a shipping number.

From my understanding a Vendor can't charge your CC until it ships the item, so I'm about to call the vendor again today or tomorrow and threaten them about getting a tracking number or I'll call my CC to pull the money that they took out and ordering the camera somewhere else. Does anyone have any pointers if my thinking is correct or not?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Dunno about that I think last time I checked they could but is considered bad business practise. Don't know about the law in the US anyway.
    The real problems start when you're trying to get a refund. According to Barclay Card and in complete contrast to all their adverts you're only covered if you have in writing that they'll refund against your credit card. If you don't have that you've got to go to the small claims cards.
    Barclay Card will sort damaged out lost goods due to companies going bust even though you'll have to do the leg work yourself.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

That's why one MUST use resellerratings before buying anything, especially digital cameras.
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Pull the money instantly. That shop is either ripping you off with just being very slow (saying they have the cam in stock when in fact they wait for many orders to get them in bulk, or just making money with your money while waiting for the day-to-day price of the cam to drop), or it's real Fraud.

Never buy from a place that's suspiciously cheap, if it doesn't have a proven good track record.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

If your CC company will deny them the funds and/or pull the money, do it immediately.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
            That's why one MUST use resellerratings before buying anything, especially digital cameras.
            Well they got decent ratings from resellerratings and other websites. If anyone is interested its www.us1camera.com

I'll call them again today to find out what the deal is.

Edit: Got the damn tracking number...see if it shows up in the next 24 to 48 hrs since they are in NYC and I'm in NJ..2 hrs away
            Last edited by GT98; 20 May 2003, 13:48.
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
            X