Powerdesk-HF and XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerdesk-HF and XP

Any here had issues with the 1.04 drivers and .NET 1.1? There is a thread in the Matrox support forums, but its gone silent. (and the forum has been shut for a while...)

More to the point, anyone know of a resolution other than a re-install of XP?

Brgds
    Alan

I'm pretty sure most of us here never installed Net1.1 to begin with. Also, Haig come here rather quickly and told us about the problem so many of us don't have that problem.

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
    ASUS A7N8X
    Corsair 1GB PC3200
    Parhelia 128MB
    EIZO L685EX

Comment

Since .NET 1.1 isn't a replacement for 1.0, people who install .NET 1.1 don't realise that PowerDesk is still using the 1.0 version. That's (gladly) the advantage of side-by-side versioning. For people moaning about wasted diskspace, that was the reason back in the 90's with Windows 95 shared dll's to have programs share resources to limit the necessary diskspace because disk storage was still very expensive (I remember my WD 850MB HD costing the same as a 160GB disk at the moment).

In the future you'll see bigger installs just because as a programmer and software company you don't want to rely on future versions of shared resources still being compatible with your applications. Every dll will be put together with the application so that applications will run more predictable in the real world.

If you have Windows Server 2003 that ships with .NET 1.1, simply install .NET 1.0 and the the 1.0SP2 update. Don't forget to run dxdiag and enable all DirectX features (DirectDraw and Direct3D)

Good luck
      Last edited by Peter Aragon; 21 May 2003, 01:06.
      Peter Aragon
      Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Unfortunately, there is an issue if you installed NET 1.1 then tried to install the 1.04 driver.... simply removing .NET 1.1 does not solve it. Neither does a total removal of 1.0, 1.1 and the Matrox drivers. That's my experience, anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X