Please advise on Pyro-MSP-Win98SE upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please advise on Pyro-MSP-Win98SE upgrade

I got a new ADS Pyro DV with software and cable a few days ago and would appreciate any advice or words of wisdom from any who have installed one before I take the plunge.

As my profile shows I already have an NTSC Marvel g200/TV and MSP 5.2. I am hoping that these things will coexist with the new stuff and work at least as well as they do now.

To my system I want to add[list=1] [*] Win98SE[*] Pyro board[*] Ulead MSP 6 VE[*] Ulead VS 4[/list=a]

Muchas Gracias-

------------------
    Anthony
    • Slot 1 Celeron 400, Asus P2B, 256MB PC-100
    • AGP Marvel-TV 8MB NTSC
    • Turtle Beach Montego PCI sound card
    • C: IBM 10.1, 5400, Primary on 1, System, Swap, Software
    • D: IBM 13.5, 5400, Primary on 2, Dedicated to video
    • E: Memorex 48x CD, Secondary on 1
    • F: Yamaha CD-RW 2x2x8, Secondary on 2
    • Win98, FAT32 on C: & D:
    • MediaStudio Pro 5.2
    Anthony
    • AGP Marvel-TV 8MB NTSC
    • MediaStudio Pro 5.2

Heres my best shot linked to the ADS pages http://pub9.ezboard.com/fpyro1394faq...picID=15.topic

I don't see any reason why your card & MSP5 shouldn't co-exist, they mightn't talk to each other though

Good Luck

johnpr98

Home Page With ADS Pyro Info & Examples
    ADS Pyro & Ulead VS & MS Pro 6 Forum With Tips & Info http://www.johnpr98.com

John Price ADS Technologies PYRO forum http://www.wwug.com/forums/ads-tech/index.htm

Comment

Thanks John, I appreciate the information.

I am still wondering if MSP 5.2 and MSP 6 will coexist?? That is my main concern because my 5.2 is a full version and the version 6 included with Pyro is only the "VE" version which doesn't include VideoPaint or CG Infinity. I will still want to use these modules for projects involving the Marvel. I would rather not create a separate boot partition on the machine, but I will if I have to...

Anyone know about this

[This message has been edited by A_BIT (edited 06 October 2000).]
      Anthony
      • AGP Marvel-TV 8MB NTSC
      • MediaStudio Pro 5.2

Comment

I have Media Studio Pro 5.2 installed on my Marvel system. When I got first got my Pyro, I installed the Media Studio Pro 6.0ve to see if it'd be worth upgrading the Marvel system.

MSPro5.2 seemed to work better so I didn't upgrade. I didn't install the Pyro with the Marvel and the only thing I did with DV was to transcode a MJPEG to DV. But at least installing and Uninstalling MSPro6.0ve didn't break my system. I didn't notice any problems with either 5.2 or 6.0ve while they were both installed -- but I didn't do any exhaustive testing either.

I have win98, you have win98se, this is windows, what works on mine might break yours and vice-versa.

I'd suggest backing up your system first
        and giving it a try. If you've a deadline approaching I recommned choosing the safe route and setting up a second partition.

IMHO, If you choose to setup a second partition I'd install windows 2000 for the Pyro. I'd stick with the builtin G200 drivers and ignore the Marvel/TV features under w2k until Matrox finally gets around to releasing w2k drivers that work.

Don't forget that the Pyro won't work worth beans until you get the DVpatchII for MSPro6.0ve from ULEAD and I'd not even bother installing the Video Studio 4 stuff.

--wally.

Comment

Anthony

Yes they will co-exist but make sure that you make a back-up of your 5.2 ulead32.ini file, then delete it before installing 6.0. Then make a back-up of that one, as well, and switch them over as you change version. This will allow you to optimise each.

IMHO your best bet is getting the full 6.0 version and using just that. There is no guarantee of full intercompatibility between the 5.2 goodies and the 6.0 basic. In any case, 6.0 is so much better than 5.2.

And you will want that 98SE but I don't think there is anything worthwhile on VS4 that you don't have in MSP!

------------------
          Brian (the terrible)
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
          X