MPEG playing problem on RT2500 system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPEG playing problem on RT2500 system

I notice that when I play DivX or MPEGs on my system, the plays skipping some frames, or going sometimes faster, or jump to another time of the video...

i think that there is a problem with the RT card, and his drivers...
    dont know

I have installed a lot of times win2k on it, and win98SE, for other reasons, and i always get that problem

what can i do? if i want to see an mpeg/divx, i musto go to another computer.

and MP3 too!!!

Mother: Tyan Tyger
    Proc: AMD MP 1600+
    Video: MAtrox G550
    RT2500

please help....
    Last edited by majimei; 19 May 2003, 06:30.

?

Comment

This is the Tiger MPX (S2466)? IF so it could have a buggy version of the MPX chipset. Does it have "B1" or "B2" printed on the Southbridge? Are you using the onboard USB or a USP card plugged into a PCI slot?

If so there is a problem between the B1's onboard USB and the AMD-768 peripheral bus controller that can cause bus contentions, which could easily be troublesome with an RT card in the system.

AMD says;

USB Controller May Cause Secondary PCI Bus Contention
      Products Affected: B1

Normal Specified Operation: The AMD-768 Secondary PCI bus arbiter is designed to arbitrate PCI bus ownership between bus masters on PCI adapter cards and the internal USB host controller.

Under these conditions the internal USB controller drives a PCI transaction onto the secondary PCI bus, resulting in PCI bus contention. Potential Effect on System: Data corruption leading to eventual system hangs and failures. Long term component reliability problems due to bus contention.

Suggested Workaround: Disable the internal USB controller. BIOS can disable the internal USB controller by clearing bit 0 located at device B function 0 offset 48 (secondary PCI bus device enable register).

Typical BIOS implementations provide a user setup option in the BIOS setup screen.

An external PCI-USB adaptor can be used if required.
      Resolution Status: Fix planned for future silicon revision.
      There are other issues with the AMD-768 as well, but are not targeted for repair.

The entire PDF can be examined here;

Check page 6 for the errata list.

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 May 2003, 07:48.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X