No announcement yet.

EVE: Online works with surround gaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVE: Online works with surround gaming?

I noticed EVE online is listed on Matrox's site as having upcoming support for surround gaming. Since this game just came out finally, has anyone played it to see if triple head is supported?

Also is this game any good?

THanks!

I don't know nothing about the surroung gaming with EVE but I played the Beta.

If you like MMORPG you will like EVE but I would not recommend anyone to buy it yet. Still buggy as hell. They have already had one rollback and patches fixing stuff that should not been in the final release.

About Aug or Sep I think it will be ok. Anyway, the scenery is stunning. Simply flying your ship around and watch the space and planets and so on is amazing.

Surround gaming wont enhance your game play but it would give you more to look at and that is good

Comment

Yup.. at least the last beta worked with surround gaming.

Was really nice, but it was very buggy.

James.
      Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

Thanks, too bad I already bought the game today! Oh well, hopefully they will get the bug ironed out.
        I also just bought a Parhelia, so I was looking for a title that to showcase the surround gaming, hopefully EVE will be good for this.

Just curious, how well did the Beta run on Parhelia?

Thanks

Comment

I just installed EVE. It is a cool game but has the following problems.

Surround Gaming not implemented yet. Screen resolution must be 1.333 aspect ratio, 1024 \ 768 = 1.333. Therefore 2400 x 600 wont work. What is worse is that my LCD is 1280x1024, which is not 1.33 aspect ratio, so the game forces 1280x960 and this looks like crap on an lcd cause its not native rez. They said they will fix this in the next EVE patch. Also EVE is listed on Matrox's upcoming support page, so eventually it will work.

Its a fun game tho. great graphics, especially when you warp up to a planet or space station.. its TV quality.

Comment

Silly question but isnt Eve an online game only? Can it be played standalone?

Regards MD
            Interests include:
            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Originally posted by mdhome
              Silly question but isnt Eve an online game only? Can it be played standalone?

Regards MD
              it is a MMORPG and it's only played online. No singleplayer what so ever.
              You have to connect to server to be able to play but a v90. should do it if your ISP dont have to high latency. Then you will get killed by pirates or something worse

Comment

Working...
              X