Animatrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animatrix

I've just seen the first few minutes of the animatrix on divx.

One word.

WOW!!!

More words: I've never seen such detailed & realistic characters. Fantastic! My jaw hit the deck.
    FT.

You must be reffering to the "Last Flight of the Osiris" by Square.

The sword fighting scene looks too real to be CG!
    and the girl, well, some 3d modeller at Square has got a very good taste!

Looks like we are not far away from the story of Andrew Niccol's S1m0ne

ciao, ivan
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

yep. Although the girl is good, the detail on the bloke (veins, muscles, hair etc) is even more impressive, imo.

T.
      FT.

Comment

I'll have to watch it again, because when I first saw it the girl catched all my attention

but yes the short is very well done, the movements are very close to real. At least they look more real than some of the ones in the Reloaded trailer
        <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

I've been downloading it for days now... still only 64% complete.... I guess I should have gone for the divX copy and not the DVD rip....
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I loved The Second Renaissance parts

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
              I loved The Second Renaissance parts
              The Second Renaissance shorts are the most interesting, as they give more background story of everything else. Besides them, "The Final Flight of the Osiris" is by far the coolest. You get a little background AND some spectacular CG

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I find it a bit irksome that the Matrix: Reloaded makes several references to stuff in the Animatrix, but the Animatrix isn't officially OUT yet. Bleh.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                X