Linksys BEFVP41 + DDNS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linksys BEFVP41 + DDNS?

I can't find info on support (or lack thereof ) of dynamic DNS for this unit. Its smaller brother BEFSX41 does support it but is not available in Belgium...

Maybe I should choose a Cisco router for the job?

The Linksys are fine since they are VPN endpoints (less configuration on the clients!) and support the DynDNS client (for dynamic IPs)...but aren't available...(warranty problem if I need to buy abroad).

Netgear seems to not support NetBIOS, so no browsing...

Are you using the latest firmware as that definitely has options for DDNS
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I'm not using it yet. If it supports DDNS then yes, I'll use it.

What do you mean by "options"? I need it to fully support at least one DDNS provider.

Comment

By options I mean there is a configuration page labeled DDNS, I can't tell you what's on it as I don't have one of those routers here. If there's an up-to-date manual on Linksys's website it should show you what's on that page.
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
          By options I mean there is a configuration page labeled DDNS, I can't tell you what's on it as I don't have one of those routers here. If there's an up-to-date manual on Linksys's website it should show you what's on that page.
          I'm afraid the manual is not up to date. I couldn't find any reference to DDNS inside.

Comment

I have a linksys router I think it is the same model you are considering. At least in the USA their support sucks. Their personel not only does not know what they are talking about but also they think they know everything. I tried their tech support several times for the same problem I had and they were all terrible. As far as dyndns if we are talking about the same model then I do not recall such an option. You should try and get advice from a person that has already used it with dyndns.

Comment

Fat chance I run into someone who has it here...

I'll just order one for testing I guess...

Comment

I should be configuring another one of those in a few days time so I'll take a closer look at the DDNS settings page

Comment

ok. Let me know, I'll put off buying it in the meantime...

Comment

Working...
                  X