Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and Epox 8RDA+

Hi,

Is my old G400 compatible with Epox 8RDA+.
    I planning to use that as a temporary graphic card untill get new one.

Probably depends on the age

Hi,

I don't want to give you bad information, but I just upgraded to an ASUS A7N8X, hoping to do the same thing, but I was unsuccessful. There are other threads that cover this, I believe, but the basic answer is that if you have one of the later G400s that are 4x capable, then you should be ok (I belive that there is an extra "4A" somewhere in the model number of those revisions). If you do not, then it is either hopeless or a crap shoot at best. In my case, I tried, and it didn't work, so I am stuck using an ATI card from another machine until the P750 comes out.

My post is based on my recollection that that Epox board is also based on the nForce2 chipset, like my A7N8X. If that is incorrect, then I don't know the answer. Good luck.

Nathan

Comment

If you have the earlier 2X Model, you should be ok if you locate the R68 and solder it together (might even work with a pencil).

Comment

G4+MDH4A

Hi all,

Epox RDA+ based on the nForce2 chipset.

So if my card modelnumber is G4+MDH4A it is 4X capable and may work with my new motherboard?

-Simo

Comment

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. Keen on the Epox 8rda+, but would like to confirm compatability with the G400Max.

Confirmed with Matrox that it is 2x/4x version, so voltage shouldn't be an issue...but not sure about what other lurgies (sp?) may be waiting.

Searching the web extensively. Found one reference to it working in an asus a7n8x. Found another where it was used okay in the epox 8rda+, but I couldn't confirm if it was a PCI or AGP card.

Hey Simo, let us know what happens if you go ahead with 8rda+? I'll also post my results back here if I beat you to it...us G400 users gotta stick together :-)

Cheers, Cliff

Comment

Working...
          X