G-550 and video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-550 and video

I've just obtained 3 AOC (Envision) LM800 18" TFT monitors, thanks to a special offer. I'm quite impressed with their performance, with zero dead pixels (positive, negative or colour) on all of them.

I've hooked up two of them to a G-550 and notice that, if I play a DVD in PowerDVD, in Dual Head mode, the auxiliary one shows a distinctly redder colour balance, than the main screen, which does not follow the monitor, if I swap them, showing it's the signals coming from the card. Also, the auxiliary port gives a larger image on the screen (as if it's overscan hiding).

Are these normal?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

I can't help you with this Brian but I was wondering what card you were using before you tried the LCDs with the G550, and if there were any problems using the other card?
    Last edited by Frank Marshall; 19 May 2003, 17:34.
    Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

I guess they are both on analogue connectors?

Comment

Yes they are both on analogue connectors. I had two different setups on the G-550 previously. The main one was a Hitachi 21" CRT monitor on 1024 x 768 and the secondary one was a Samtron 15" CRT monitor limited to 800 x 600, so comparisons could not be made. I had never tried swapping them round. This m/b has never used anything but the G-550 and the previous m/b had a Marvel G-200.

Comment

I am not sure about this, but can you use the colorific/whatever colour calibration tools independently on both displays to get them more matched?.

Have you loaded the LM800 monitor profiles?

Comment

It may be possible to put in different profiles, if one knew what they were.

The LM800 uses the standard Microsoft Windows drivers/profiles, There is nothing on the CD-ROM except the instruction manual in 586 or thereabouts languages.

I have managed to set them up so that the colours look more or less the same, using the monitor menu functions, but what I was really trying to find out was whether it was normal for the G-550 to give different colour rendering. I surmise that it is possible, because you need an adapter on the secondary outlet.

Comment

Working...
            X