Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 3.4 released

get it here.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

AA up RS down.

AA performane up for me, shame I don't use AA as I run at 1280 *1024 and IMHO AA at this res is a waste of time.

Ravenshield performance is down a lot but hey UT2K3 is up. ??? RS issue could be the 1.2 patch, they said they haven't done anything to alter the fps either way but I don't personally think that the RS boys have any idea what they are doing.

Strange but at whaterer res I play 800 *600 - 1280 * 1024 I get the same fps range, crap.

Comment

hmm.... at least Half Life works now!
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Don't play Half-life or CS so it was never an issue to me.

Would go back to the 3.2's but I can't be bothered, have to see what these are like with Max first.

Comment

Anybody else had some component of the installer trying to call home while the installer ran? - I saw the word "Intel" and refused access via NIS2003 - should I have allowed it?
          Lawrence

Comment

probably not
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

ATI always without fail always realese drivers when I'm on the way home so i got to wait until the next day to download them at work.
              Got them now so I'll try them later.
              I always find there speed improvements amusing. In the few tests I've seen most of the time there isn't much in the way of improvement.
              I wonder if they fixed the TW 2003 disappearing golfer bug with the 9800 Pro.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Never noticed anything

Comment

HAHA! I downloaded the new drivers before work this morning, then I rna 3dmark2k3 for comparison. I was disappointed to see that my score went down. then I realized I never INSTALLED the drivers! LOL! I just downloaded them HAHA!
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

hehe ya eejit!

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                      HAHA! I downloaded the new drivers before work this morning, then I rna 3dmark2k3 for comparison. I was disappointed to see that my score went down. then I realized I never INSTALLED the drivers! LOL! I just downloaded them HAHA!
                      1, Drink coffee.
                      2, Work on computer.

Never the other way around.
                      chuck
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

It totally f'ed up Morrowind on my system... with the 3.2 drivers it ran pretty good, but with the 3.4's it pauses and stutters a lot outdoors with the fog pushed all the way out, when opening the RMB menus, and when moving the mouse across the inventory screen in such a way that the item show their popup data one after another. UT2k3 demo, FS2k2, Orbiter, and Flanker 2.51 seemed just fine though.

Windows 98 SE
                        Radeon 8500 64 meg, 275/275 MHz, not o/c'ed
                        Intel Celeron Tualatin 1.2 GHz
                        Asus TUSL2-C, i815ep chipset
                        512 megs PC133 SDRAM

Comment

God I hate ATI drivers.

Installed 3.4's and forgot to do the manual install method. Of course dumbfart £ucked up and disabled everything. Funny under the 3.2 it worked properly on this new motherboard.
                          Uninstalled everything back to safe mode installed manually rebooted and D3D and AGP re-enabled.
                          ATI please remove dumbfart it doesn't work and £ucks 50% of machines up. You'll confuse non techie people.

Benchmarking after sorting out the mixed up monitors showed no real improvements bar a slight one in 3dmark 2003. Haven't checked TW 2003 for the disappearing golfer yet.

Jon uninstall and re-install manually so you don't get dumbfart loading. It's probably disabled something it shouldn't have. Still have problems pop over driverheaven and download the uninstaller program. Forgot it's name for now. Then redo the manual install.
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

hmm... thanks for the news... gotta go in the other room and swap those old drivers out...

Comment

dumbfart????????

Comment

Working...
                              X