VIA USB 2.0 chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA USB 2.0 chipset

Anyone have any experance with these? I just ordered an PCI card to add USB 2.0 support to my main PC (not justified buying a new Mobo, or couldnt talk myself into it ) and was wondering if there was any issues with it.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Actually, from what I've heard, chipset integrated USB 2.0 is faster.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well, duh. You don't hog the PCI bus that way.
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Well, we are selling cards with via usb 2 chipsets and I have installed them in several computers and I have yet to have any problems with em
        (apart from he with w95 osr2 )
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
          Well, duh. You don't hog the PCI bus that way.
          You can't say that one way or the other. Just because it's built-in to a chip means nothing. In fact, I'd say it's probable that it still dangles off the PCI bus.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

What Wombat said.
            Lawrence

Comment

Exactly. I can't say I've seen a chipset map that shows USB anywhere but on the Southbridge, and the real bottleneck is the NB/SB interconnect anyhow.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X