Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Matrix Reloaded

LOL
    Last edited by GT98; 4 November 2003, 08:23.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Speeking of which has anyone seen it yet in a "Preview" I've a mate that's going to see it later tonight...

~Sethos
    "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Movie screens to be outfitted with jizz guards.

ROTFLMAO
      #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
      people do all day!"

Comment

WRT to previews, I did some googling and some posts looked credible.

That said, if you don't like to be spoiled, don't do it.

Comment

Lots of skintight black leather, but not he gay kind
          HAHAHA!!!
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I'm going to see the "avant premiere" in Brussels at 20:30 (GMT +1) See you guys after so I can tell everyone how it ends .

Homer Simpson after "The Empire Strikes Back" and in front of the endless queue of humanity : "who would ever have guessed that Darth Vador was Luke's father?"
            Let those who want to be simple, be simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Ssin
              Homer Simpson after "The Empire Strikes Back" and in front of the endless queue of humanity : "who would ever have guessed that Darth Vador was Luke's father?"
              HAHA!!! I remember that episode! Fantastic!

Comment

I wonder if this will be as totally racist a movie as the original. So nobody cared to realize (on a conscious level, at least.. you were MEANT to notice on the unconscious level) that the three "bad guys" are all very white males, while the "good guys" (except the women of course) are all black or hispanic? If this just "seems right" to you, congratulations! You have been successfully brainwashed by hollywood and the left-wing media powers that be.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                  I wonder if this will be as totally racist a movie as the original. So nobody cared to realize (on a conscious level, at least.. you were MEANT to notice on the unconscious level) that the three "bad guys" are all very white males, while the "good guys" (except the women of course) are all black or hispanic? If this just "seems right" to you, congratulations! You have been successfully brainwashed by hollywood and the left-wing media powers that be.
                  C'mon, you have to be kidding me!!!

Comment

This stereotyping happens all the time here. Since you're Swedish, if you decided you wanted to appear in American movies, prepare to be cast as the bad guy every time if you want to make it in hollywood. Sad but true.

Comment

about racial stereotypes in movies: If it never occured to me that they did it, does it mean that:
                      A: Im already brainwashed or
                      B: I live in a society where it just doesn´t matter, because nobody cares about race in movies, where the theme of the movie doesn´t have anything to do with racism.

Im actually serious: does the race actually matter when they are casting a movie(and the movie doesn´t touches the race subject)? I always thought it was about what type of role the actors are good at, or if the actor is famous or something like that. does the race have a special symbolic meaning.
                      I just never really thought about it.
                      I think my confusion comes from my impressions of movies, I mean, I haven´t really noticed any consistency between race and stereotypes in recent movies.
                      Last edited by TdB; 14 May 2003, 17:18.
                      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                        Since when is Keanu Reeves Black or Hispanic?
                        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I'm not privy to the insides of hollywood heads (thank God.. what a mess they must be), but the reality of the situation speaks for itself. Other examples abound, particularly recent ones. For example, in all the Star Wars movies, I challenge you to find one nonwhite person in an Imperial uniform (stormtroopers and aliens don't count.)

What led to hollywood stereotyping the whitest males as the most evil? Well, there are two possibilities. Firstly, there are a lot of anti-defamation activist groups which get all in a huff whenever they think you are stereotyping against them. Do you remember the hispanic activist who got all upset about Jango Fett in Star Wars Episode 2? He thought the filmmakers wanted to stereotype hispanics as evil (even though the actor wasn't even hispanic, supposedly he looked hispanic.) This guy got national press coverage for his views. If the bad guy was black they would have had the NAACP all in their face. If he was Jewish, it would have been the ADL. But who do white folks have? Anyone who stands up and says what I said here is laughed at by the media, shunned by his own cowardly people, and is labeled as a member of a "hate group" by the aforementioned ADL and NAACP. So the choice is simple to these hollywood people.. as long as the white guy is the bad guy no one will care. (Read that, no white males will be allowed to care by this society.)

The other possibility is that the filmmakers are wittingly or unwittingly a part of some conspiracy to "bring down the white man." A lot of them might have simply been brainwashed by WW2 movies in their youth, so they think the blonde guy is always evil. Who knows? I don't like conspiracy theories.. stupidity and ignorance is always more likely as a cause for such things.

The reason I am saying this is because it is so blatantly true, but it is one of those things which is taboo to talk about. I hate taboos, especially when they are aligned against me. A lot of people who are silent now know I am right, but won't stick their necks out to say so. Whether or not there is some conspiracy involved is beside the point. The effect is the same. People will unwittingly view the really white guys of this world as evil because of the barrage of this sort of casting. That's just the way the human brain works.

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                            Since when is Keanu Reeves Black or Hispanic?
                            He isn't, but every other male in that submarine/spaceship thing is. Reeves is half Philippino, which makes him just nonwhite enough to be a good guy but white enough to be accepted by the throngs of white folks who are actually going to see this movie.

You know, the way this particular movie was cast, I wouldn't be surprised if the blatant scenario TdB talks about actually happened. The lines are too sharply drawn in this case. I can't help but think that the filmmakers had racial composition in mind when they were doing the casting.

Comment

All you have to do is watch the trailer to see black guys shooting at Neo. Chill out KvH.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X