[HELP] Travel in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] Travel in France

To all the french Murcer, I need a lot of help to organize a few days of holidays in France!

The most important thing to solve is the MONEY problem : I need to spend really few money for sleeping.
    I have two ideas:
    1) To sleep in campings.
    2) To sleep in cheap hotels.

Question are:
    About campings, how much is the average cost for it? Are there a lot of campings in France? We plan to sleep near Paris and Mont St.Michel...
    About hotels I've heard about those strange places called F1 (and other strange names I cannot remeber), wich are all automatics and cost really few money. Is this true? Are those places good?
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Don't go it full of French.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm Frensh Murcer (and so my english is very bad)
      In France there is many camping, you can find price and adress in the Guide Michelin (I think you can find it in Italy)
      F1 (or Formule 1) are very cheap hotels, you can find adress here : http://france.hotel-vista.com

Comment

How about youth hostels? They're not exclusively for teenagers

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

this site is not to bad

Online confirmed bookings for backpacker hostels around the world. City guides, sightseeing, entertainment and backpacking information for hostels and backpacker tours around the world.

I stayed at this place

Clean, good security and nice price

Comment

Tips for travel in France:

1. Don't bathe. Bathing immediately identifies you as a foreigner, and thus increases your chances of being mistreated.

2. If you are female, don't shave. Again, it immediately identifies you as foreign.

3. TRY to refrain from making any jokes about "surrender" or "Germany". It's a bad idea, sets the locals on edge.

4. Getting drunk on cheap red wine and running around screaming "BLITZKRIEG!" is also not recommended.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

You forgot about wearing a horizontally striped shirt. You`ll blend in better. And wear a berrette (sp?) And yell out "Vive la France" from time to time for no apparent reason.
              Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

...wearing a string of onions around you're neck as you say "zut alors"...
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

You can try "Formule 1" inns. Not comfortable, walls are thin like paper (at night you can hear France being repopulated) but hell cheap. And oh yeah, shower's an option.
                  Camping should be fun though.
                  Let those who want to be simple, be simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                    Tips for travel in France:

1. Don't bathe. Bathing immediately identifies you as a foreigner, and thus increases your chances of being mistreated.

2. If you are female, don't shave. Again, it immediately identifies you as foreign.

3. TRY to refrain from making any jokes about "surrender" or "Germany". It's a bad idea, sets the locals on edge.

4. Getting drunk on cheap red wine and running around screaming "BLITZKRIEG!" is also not recommended.

- Gurm
                    I think a smiley would be in order here, no?

Comment

I'm sure Gurm forgot to put the smiley, otherways IMO that post should be deleted.
                      <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

ROFL.. Gurm and Omega, you forgot these:

Always have a cigarette dangling out of the side of your mouth, and try to slouch a lot, preferably against doorways where Americans are entering, so you can sneer and make rude comments in French, which of course they don't speak, being uneducated Americans..

<~~ SMILEY!
                        Last edited by KvHagedorn; 14 May 2003, 16:53.

Comment

Why would I put a smiley?

- Gurm

P.S. Tucker Max is my new hero.
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

because it's free and they are colourful?
                            <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Gurm: maybe because Ant has requested to not post such things?
                              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Working...
                              X