Equilibrium!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equilibrium!

Well, one of the most underrated and unnoticed cinematic masterpieces of the year is due out on DVD... tomorrow!

Huzzah! I'll be at Suncoast early, to get my copy.

For those of you who have NO idea what I'm talking about...

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

- Gurm

P.S. I think I should change my .sig to say:

"I'm asking you one last time... don't do this."
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Groovy blah blah Boomstick blah blah S-Mart blah

Comment

Who are you and why are you quoting my sig?

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

You know, I always thought Sean Bean was an underrated actor. His role in Ronin was damn well done, and good preparation for playing Boromir. I need to get this one.. first I had heard of the film.

Comment

I just want to see a movie where he doesn't die.

- Gurm

Comment

Anyone see The Transporter? It was a pretty decent action flick...watched it last night.
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yeah, The Transporter absolutely rocked. Anyone else wonder how such a beautiful girl could have one of the ugliest men alive for a father?

Comment

Off Topic:
                I finally saw Orgazmo! Hehe, funny as hell!
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                  Yeah, The Transporter absolutely rocked. Anyone else wonder how such a beautiful girl could have one of the ugliest men alive for a father?
                  HAHA! Would make more sense if it were her boyfriend. All the ugly guys have hot chicks. Go figure.
                  "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Who are you and why are you quoting my sig?
                    I am the Incubator.
                    I have no idea

Comment

Ok, so it's here! Huzzah! According to fansites the DVD is somewhat disappointing (what do you expect from an undermarketed low-budget movie?) but hopefully my local SunCoast will have one in stock...

- Gurm

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                        Off Topic:
                        I finally saw Orgazmo! Hehe, funny as hell!
                        Off Topic:
                        saw it a few weeks ago
                        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I downloaded this movie. Don't ask me where.
                          But sad thing is that I didn't watch it yet, 'cause of a lot of work.
                          Heard it's crazy graphic with not very fun plot.
                          Many critics gave this movie very low mark.

Comment

IT IS A GREAT MOVIE

IMO much better than other "hits" of the year (like Gangs of NY or Chicago).

Over here they marketted it like a "Matrix like" movie but it's not. It's much more in the line of 1984 or Farhenheit. I think that was the cause why it had so low ratings. It's not a movie for the "masses", it makes you think and some critics are so dumb they are unable to understand such movies.

I agree with Gurm that this is one of the masterpieces of the year. However for me the greatest ones have been "The Hours", "City of God" and "Talk to Her". "Bowling for Columbine" has been a great surprisse for me even if I don't like Moore too much.

ciao, Ivan
                            <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

It _IS_ a lot more like 1984 or Brave New World than it is like The Matrix.

However, I have to disagree with you, drslump, on one thing - I don't care how good anyone says Bowling For Columbine is... Moore is such an unmitigated jackass that I will never willingly watch one of his movies. Ever.

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                              X