It's scaring my fish.
    Attached Files
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

nah just string some wires around the pond so it can't land
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Is that one real or a plastic statue?? I can't tell in the pic...we have one that flies around here, and from time to time you'll see it in the sky or by a pond or something...

~Sethos
      "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Luckily it's plastic but we've had a real one here a month ago. Hopefully this one will deter any others. Knowing my luck one will try and mate with it.
        It's also the possible the local fox will try and eat it.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
          Luckily it's plastic but we've had a real one here a month ago. Hopefully this one will deter any others. Knowing my luck one will try and mate with it.
          It's also the possible the local fox will try and eat it.
          LOL maybe a scare crow that goes "booga booga booga" will do the trick

~Sethos
          "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Sethos
            LOL maybe a scare crow that goes "booga booga booga" will do the trick

~Sethos
            I think the neighbours would complain about that.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Oh forgot to mention when the wind gets up around sixty it could well go fishing anyway. If it does I'll screw to a concrete slab.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

If another sees it, it's an open invitation to join.

Crane's, Heron's and Egret's all exhibit this behavour.

Around here we have a Great Egret whom we lovingly call "George" or other neighbors refer to as "Big Bird". Not quite as big as a crane, but does have a >6' (2m) wingspan.

If he spies me outside, even if from the opposite side of the lake or down the street it'll only be a few moments before he's by my side begging for food (he's such the little mooch Often follows me home even.. and that's quite the odd sight.
                Last edited by Greebe; 12 May 2003, 05:46.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

That's quite cool
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Greebe have you tried making george into a pie.

As for attacting more let's see what happens. If I end up with zero fish we'll know.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Pit

If you do see a real yellow-billed stork, phone Birdwatch straight away. You will have every twitcher within a radius of 1000 km descending on your garden. I guess the nearest one should not be any closer than 10,000 km from wherever you live.
                      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                        Pit

If you do see a real yellow-billed stork, phone Birdwatch straight away. You will have every twitcher within a radius of 1000 km descending on your garden. I guess the nearest one should not be any closer than 10,000 km from wherever you live.
                        No it was a heron in the garden. I think someones got the colour scheme wrong somewhere.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I was gonna say, shoot it to put it out of its misery, it's got a wire stuck up it's butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                            I was gonna say, shoot it to put it out of its misery, it's got a wire stuck up it's butt!
                            It's enjoying it.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

When the question is "should I shoot it?", the default answer is "yes".
                              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                              X