Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Monitor and TV Monitor, all in one

Hi Folks,

Just registered yesterday; I just want to say Hi to all and thank's for all the valuable information. Now back to business.

Some of you were mentioning TV monitors for the Marvel G400 as a second display. What I found is that Miracle Business (www.miraclebusiness.com) manufactures PC/TV monitors all in one. I am currently using the 15" version, but the 17" seems more performant. The image quality is good(both TV and PC Monitor) has lots of imputs/outputs (s-video, RCA, sound, cable/TV RF input) and it will work as a PC monitor and a TV ! Even more it is multistandard !(NTSC/PAL). In my setup I use a Viewsonic E771 as a primary display and the Miracle as a second display on the S-Video connection of the BOB.

Maybe you want to check it out as the price is quite competitive. Let me know what you think.

I just use an old Commodore 1702. With an adapter cable it can use S-Video. Great picture even though it's almost 16 years old. $25 USD, so I bought 3 of 'em

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 28 September 2000).]

Comment

You'r right, Doc. Once upon a time, all monitors allowed TV signals in. Reminds me of the old days when the top notch printers were ultrafast (???) dot matrix printers. And the CPU of choice a 10 MHz Z80. Plus a 10 MB MFM HD.
      Michka

[This message has been edited by Michel Carleer (edited 29 September 2000).]
      I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
      If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Radu,
        Just for curiosity's sake, where did you buy that monitor and how much did it cost? There's no contact information on their site besides a phone number.(no email contacts or distributor links) No way to find out where to buy their product or what the pricing is(except for the MSRP in the brief reviews). It's all very strange......
        "Whoa..."
        Keanu Reeves.

Comment

There's nothing strange... I bought mine (15") through Egghead (www.egghead.com) for $ US 169 + $US 30 S&H. I bought the 15" version because I did not know about the 17" and nobody had the 17 available. It was more of a gamble, because I did not know anything about the company, image quality...
          But in the end I am happy. Do not expect a Sony Trinitron but the image is as good as on the popular brands out there. The TV image looks great because of smaller pixels.
          I spoke to one of their customer support guys and they said the 17 inch is available for direct ordering from them. Ask for the price, but the guy told me that if I wanted to exchange the 15" for a 17" it would cost me another US $ 100. The screen is as flat as the Viewsonic E771, non glare good colours. All of the advertised functionality worked well.

Comment

Working...
          X