• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't this a beautiful mouse?

The mouse wheel glows blue, too

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Not too hooked on the mouse, but that keyboard looks pretty cool. Does it come in different colors?
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Nice mouse indeed!
      A bit too big for my taste...
      Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Yeah, the Cherry keyboards come in different colors, too:

AZ
        Last edited by az; 12 May 2003, 03:42.

Comment

Huh?
          I've been using three different blue-grow mice for a few years already!
          P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
          Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
          And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Oh, BTW, cherry keyboards are high-quality, too - the only ones I use

AZ

Comment

Yep, I agree... Although I must say I prefer the heavy old-style models: you know, with the wide area above the function keys and NO windows keys. (have about 4 of them ready for use, require a PS2/Din5 converter though)

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Yep, I agree... Although I must say I prefer the heavy old-style models: you know, with the wide area above the function keys and NO windows keys. (have about 4 of them ready for use, require a PS2/Din5 converter though)
                Yeah I like the feel of the old ones too, but I really love the functionality that the windows key gives you, like windows + 'e' or + 'Pause' or + 'f' etc... and hence I use newer ones, but always have a moment of nistalgia when I get to use and oldie...

~Sethos
                "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

There are heavy cold-contact "click" keyboards from Cherry, they're expensive, though, and don't come colored. I don't like them because with a normal keyboard, you have foldable feet in the back, and when you fold them out, you can put your fingers around the back and under the keyboard, with the expensive cherry ones that's impossible because they're thick and solid. see here

AZ

Comment

Oh, you can get corporate-colored keyboards, too:

AZ

Comment

So, how's your new job in the marketing department of Cherry then, az?

P.S. I really like m heavy
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Personnaly I find the Cherry keys a bit hard to press. I prefer the M$ ergonomical keyboards. And I never use the internet shortcut keys. But yes in whole Cherry does a great job with their keyboard, they should make one with "lighter" keys and ergonomical and I'd surely buy it.
                        Let those who want to be simple, be simple.

Comment

Umfriend: It's just that when I like something, I tend to advertise it really heavily. Thus I assure I'm the only one who uses it

Ssin: I've never used a MS keyboard, but there are different Cherry keyboards: The G83 series ("cheap" ones, using membrane contacts and rubber mat), G81 (medium priced, membrane and gold crosspoint), and G80 (gold crosspoint contacts) - each one feels a little different, and the G80 series is available in three flavours: linear action, soft contact, and keyclick.

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
                            There are heavy cold-contact "click" keyboards from Cherry, they're expensive, though, and don't come colored. I don't like them because with a normal keyboard, you have foldable feet in the back, and when you fold them out, you can put your fingers around the back and under the keyboard, with the expensive cherry ones that's impossible because they're thick and solid. see here
                            Yep, that is the look...
                            They do have foldable feet in the back, but even in the up-position you can't get your fingers under the keyboard... But why would you want to ?

Sethos:
                            Well, I never use those windows-keys, so I don't miss them... Only combination I tend to use, is ctrl-esc (start-button). Somehow, I do seem to hit windows-keys unvoluntarily when typing, so they do me more harm than good...

I would like to be able to try these keyboards however:
                            Ergonomics keyboards, mice, and foot pedals.

http://www.datahand.com (expensive... )

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I'm thinking about getting rid of my cheap keyboard (I wish in fawor for something from kinesis...@VJ, I've wanted to link to that keyboard also ...too bad it's so expensive).
                              aaand I'm thinking about using some interiors from my current keyboard to ressurect the c64 keyboard (the c64 itself is long dead...)...can't wait

Comment

Working...
                              X