PDA

View Full Version : Bum!

Drizzt
12th May 2003, 02:23
A few problems at the beginning of the curve and...

BUM!!!!!

From 130 KM/H to full stop in less than a couple of second
:eek:

Good thing is that I'm not that much hurt and that the motorcycle is still usable. Only a few broken/scratched parts here and there.

I'm a lucky guy :)

az
12th May 2003, 02:33
Yeah my bum has a few curvy problems as well ;)

Glad you came out unscathed.

AZ

GNEP
12th May 2003, 02:52
Yup. Good to hear nothing broken only presumably your pride :)

SpiralDragon
12th May 2003, 02:57
as we say here in leb.. ."hamdelah a'salama"

Chris B
12th May 2003, 02:58
:eek: That IS lucky. I crashed my first bike at probably 50 km/h and that cost me one week in the hospital, broken collar bone, and 5 weeks with my leg in a cast. Took me probably 3 months before I could walk normal again.

The bike was totalled as well. Well it wasn't really, but it was an old bike and the cost of fixing it would have been higher than what it was worth (probably 2500 at the time), so the insurance company gave us 3000 instead and we scrapped the bike.

But then again sometimes you're just lucky. A buddy of mine drove his bike into a ditch at 140 km/h. Threw him clean off the bike and he landed in a field... no one scratch... on him.

RedRed
12th May 2003, 04:00
You are luck you didnt kill youself....

I have seen accident victums with an impact at less that that in casualty - on a one way trip :(

RedRed

Taz
12th May 2003, 04:37
I've had several motorcycle accidents but luckily I'm still in one piece :) the trick is to get as far away as possible from the bike :eek:

Glad your Ok.

GuchiGuh
12th May 2003, 04:48
aaah....reminds me of my friends BMW 3 series crash a while ago......not nice~
THe airbag bam was louder than the actual impact ~...bugger!
All ok thou :)
the beemer lived up to its standart ^^
aaaah...
take it easy people!! remember to drive save..

Drizzt
12th May 2003, 12:56
Originally posted by az
Yeah my bum has a few curvy problems as well ;)
AZ
:confused:

Drizzt
12th May 2003, 13:04
Originally posted by Chris B
:eek: That IS lucky. I crashed my first bike at probably 50 km/h and that cost me one week in the hospital, broken collar bone, and 5 weeks with my leg in a cast. Took me probably 3 months before I could walk normal again.

The bike was totalled as well. Well it wasn't really, but it was an old bike and the cost of fixing it would have been higher than what it was worth (probably 2500 at the time), so the insurance company gave us 3000 instead and we scrapped the bike.

But then again sometimes you're just lucky. A buddy of mine drove his bike into a ditch at 140 km/h. Threw him clean off the bike and he landed in a field... no one scratch... on him.

It's second time I go down at that speeds (first time at 140 and this time at 130), it's simply a matter of how you fall.
If you fly away from the bike or hit a obstacle, you are dead at any speed.

Luckily up to now I've limited myself only to slip onto the concrete.

az
12th May 2003, 17:53
Drizzt: you bum is your rear.. your ass :) And I'm too fat ;)

It was just a very poor joke :)

AZ

Chrono_Wanderer
12th May 2003, 18:05
LOL@az :D:D:D

@Drizzt: Glad to here you can out safely. :) well, i guess u got more experience in motocycling...

not bad at all! 130km/h w/minor injury (well... seeing that you are still on MURC, but then, ppl do come here in any condition :D))