Bum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bum!

A few problems at the beginning of the curve and...

BUM!!!!!

From 130 KM/H to full stop in less than a couple of second

Good thing is that I'm not that much hurt and that the motorcycle is still usable. Only a few broken/scratched parts here and there.

I'm a lucky guy
    Last edited by Drizzt; 12 May 2003, 02:37.
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Yeah my bum has a few curvy problems as well

Glad you came out unscathed.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yup. Good to hear nothing broken only presumably your pride
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

as we say here in leb.. ."hamdelah a'salama"
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

That IS lucky. I crashed my first bike at probably 50 km/h and that cost me one week in the hospital, broken collar bone, and 5 weeks with my leg in a cast. Took me probably 3 months before I could walk normal again.

The bike was totalled as well. Well it wasn't really, but it was an old bike and the cost of fixing it would have been higher than what it was worth (probably 2500£ at the time), so the insurance company gave us 3000£ instead and we scrapped the bike.

But then again sometimes you're just lucky. A buddy of mine drove his bike into a ditch at 140 km/h. Threw him clean off the bike and he landed in a field... no one scratch... on him.
          If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

You are luck you didnt kill youself....

I have seen accident victums with an impact at less that that in casualty - on a one way trip

RedRed
            Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

I've had several motorcycle accidents but luckily I'm still in one piece the trick is to get as far away as possible from the bike

Glad your Ok.
              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

aaah....reminds me of my friends BMW 3 series crash a while ago......not nice~
                THe airbag bam was louder than the actual impact ~...bugger!
                All ok thou
                the beemer lived up to its standart ^^
                aaaah...
                take it easy people!! remember to drive save..

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  Yeah my bum has a few curvy problems as well
                  AZ

Comment

Originally posted by Chris B
                    That IS lucky. I crashed my first bike at probably 50 km/h and that cost me one week in the hospital, broken collar bone, and 5 weeks with my leg in a cast. Took me probably 3 months before I could walk normal again.

The bike was totalled as well. Well it wasn't really, but it was an old bike and the cost of fixing it would have been higher than what it was worth (probably 2500£ at the time), so the insurance company gave us 3000£ instead and we scrapped the bike.

But then again sometimes you're just lucky. A buddy of mine drove his bike into a ditch at 140 km/h. Threw him clean off the bike and he landed in a field... no one scratch... on him.
                    It's second time I go down at that speeds (first time at 140 and this time at 130), it's simply a matter of how you fall.
                    If you fly away from the bike or hit a obstacle, you are dead at any speed.

Luckily up to now I've limited myself only to slip onto the concrete.

Comment

Drizzt: you bum is your rear.. your ass And I'm too fat

It was just a very poor joke

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

LOL@az

@Drizzt: Glad to here you can out safely. well, i guess u got more experience in motocycling...

not bad at all! 130km/h w/minor injury (well... seeing that you are still on MURC, but then, ppl do come here in any condition ))

Comment

Working...
                        X