I'm sad, sad, sad, sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sad, sad, sad, sad

Even if I realize that we are not so far from the society pictured in nineteen eighty-four ( or the film for those who preffer it ), sometimes I feel like it's the way it should be.

My ex-girlfriend, which I was with for almost two years, left me around 6 months ago. She is Italian, I'm Spanish, we were living in London and I got completely feed up of that city so I decided to take a break and came back to my home town. Even if I was/am deeply in love for her and she repeated to me an infinity of times how much she loved me, the distance was too much for her so she left me. I can dig it, I understand it, it's painful though.
    I don't really thing that loves lasts forever, so I though that she just stop feeling that for me. However every thing she does, everything she says makes me realize how much I was cheated. She met a boy a week after leaving me (at least that's what she says), now after six short months they are engaged. I just found out today, we talked about getting married but it was just talking, now with this guy the thing goes serious. I'm not jealous (at least I think so) but what drives me crazy are all those "I love you" and "ti amo" that she used to say to me. It looks that they were not for real.
    She told me to be friends, so when she said to me about the engagement (my hearth stop beating) I answered her like a friend that I think that 6 months is a short time to take such a decision. She went completely crazy yelling that who I was to say such a thing!
    Three months ago I ask her to take some photos of herself and our common friends living there with the digital camera I bougth her with my last money. 'til now I haven't got a single one, only silly excuses.
    Two months ago she phoned me, she sounded depressed so I was trying to cheer her up. That was the last and only time that she have phoned me.
    She still owes me some money, she knows I've got no money. I've got to borrow some from my parents to pay the bill. Still she preffers to go on holiday with her boy instead of giving me the money.

Then my job. I'm working cleaning the streets. It's an "ok" job, I work 6 days a week, 6'5 hours every day. So I've got either the morning or the afternoon for myself. The problems are they pay shit and the job is absolutly boring, every ****ing day collecting the same shit.
    I've tried to get something else but impossible, the salaries are so low that there is no way I could pay the bills.

In days like this one, when I didn't slept last night, it's 1am and I'm working in 3 hours. I shouldn't really be posting this in here (even if it's the former Soap box, where either the post whores or the Club of Confussion make me have a good fun every day). I should be having a nice chat with a friend, drinking ice-cold beer in a "chiringuito", listening to the Pixies over the sound of the waves breaking into the beach.
    But then I don't have so many friends I'll tell that to. Maybe 5 or 6 (and I feel lucky to have them!), not counting the one abroad I tried to phone everyone of them, all of them had the cell-phones switched off. They are probably sleeping or having a good time somewhere nice. I don't blame them for that, there is no way they can know I need to be with them.

Since I was on my own and completly sad I decided to go for a walk by the beach. It was a wonderful moon in the sky, lots of stars, the sand was still warm from a sunny day and the waves made such a wonderfull noise when dieing on the coast. Then it was a so idillic place and me alone, lots of couples walking and kissing, from teenegars to old couples, all of them looking awfully happy to be together. There were no loners on the beach tonight, just happy couples walking, whispering, kissing, huging ....

So if I could be living in the nineteen eighty-four nobel (or the film Equilibrium, good film by the way) I'll not join the ressistance, I'll live embraced by the Party, whitout emotions to hurt me.

Anyway tomorrow it may be all over, I'll come here to check for the funniest things (like this one) and I might read this thread and think who was the ****ole who post it under my name

sincerely, Ivan

PS: if you've read it all, you deserve an ice-cold beer in a "chiringuito", so don't hessitate to visit me this summer. It'll be my greatest pleasure to buy you one
    Last edited by drslump; 11 May 2003, 16:13.
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

I hope that things turn up for you.

You might want to turn to a hobby to turn the thoughts elsewhere.

Perhaps model rocketry...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Normally I would recommend searching on some p2p for "Chryzantemy z³ociste"...this would cheer you up definetely in this kind of situation (well...at least it works everytime somebody here tries it...).

Unfortunatelly there's a language barrier...so I'm wondering now whether I'm able to translate this (with fully the same meaning) or not.

overall...get some sleep, talk to someone (to anybody...), help someone in anything...you'll feel better.

Comment

Oh man... that's a really sad story. Like K6, I also wish things will be better for you.

I know this is hard hard, but maybe sending your GF with your best regards may be a good thing? It's a hard thing to do, but maybe this is good for both of you.

In fact, sometimes, maybe being single is a good thing. At least there are less worries for you to take care of the whole family thing. Well... being single, you have all kinds of freedom

Ever thought of being a social worker to kill time? Maybe you will be happier that way. If you have money, maybe you can take some course in anything to kill time...

Just some thoughts...

edit: BTW, if you need someone to talk to, come on MURC more often

edit: hear some music. music always civilize our minds www.digitallyimported.com
        Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 11 May 2003, 20:32.

Comment

sleep it out.. it has been my experiance that once you wake up in the morning all your wories aregone... offcurse they return to haunt you at night.... but then thats one of the reasons why the murc exists as you said, its a good place to turn to when you are feeling blue.... as for girls... well if any one can realy understand them hes got to be a woman too.. .... i'll explain... one of my girl freinds left me becuse i was 1cm shorter than her AND ON VALENTINES DAY......... women... cant live with them.. cant live without them....
          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Spiral - its more, "women - can't live with, illegal to kill them..."

drslump - i know your pain... trust me i do... sometime (maybe after i work on the cheap bottles of tequila or vodka i have next to my bed) i might explain... but... you're not alone... trust me... dunno what to say except that...
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Slump, this is an important lesson someone should have teached you when you were a kid:

STAY AWAY FROM ITALIAN GIRLS.
              ITALIAN GIRLS ARE STUPID AND USELESS.

Ditto.
              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Apart from this, I'm sorry for you.

But...take a breath and ready yourself: good things are going to begin again!

Comment

Try to keep positive.
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Thank you all so much for your kind words

I just came from work, it's been a tough day (not enough sleeping I guess). But it has been a beautiful sunny morning and I've been working alone so lots of time to think.

I think that I can't be a friend of her (at least not a close one), we have shared a lot of good moments and living together for two years gives you a lot of good things to remember, but like friends it's not gonna workout, we are completely different.

So, I'm gonna move on (at least I'll try) and keep myself busy as some of you sugested. I haven't got yet my drive license so that could be a start. I might get out the oils from the closet and start painting again.

@drizzt : I know, I know but they are so damn beautiful with their big green eyes and dark hair, and their accent when speaking spanish is so sexy.

btw I might phone a girl I met two weeks ago in a chat. I think it's a good idea to start going out with different people, I'm starting to get bored of doing always the same with the same people.

cheers again,
                    Ivan
                    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

hey drslump. congrats! I am sure you are heading the right way! Keep it up man! Life is about adventure. Sad thing is life will eventually stop... so enjoy while you still can

Comment

Originally posted by drslump
                        Thank you all so much for your kind words

@drizzt : I know, I know but they are so damn beautiful with their big green eyes and dark hair, and their accent when speaking spanish is so sexy.
                        I know, I know...
                        Guess what?
                        I'm trying to have a relationship with a girl with green eyes and dark hair!
                        (not the same, this is sure )
                        Hey! Where was she from? Have you got a photo of her? Show us!

btw I might phone a girl I met two weeks ago in a chat. I think it's a good idea to start going out with different people, I'm starting to get bored of doing always the same with the same people.
                        Having a little bit of fun is always a good move!

Comment

She is from Rome.
                          There are some photos over my site, check the sig.

Where in Italy is Viareggio?
                          I want to go to Italy this summer, most probably to Toscani. I have some friends running a motel there so I might work there a bit to pay for the travel.

So I've phoned that girl and we have a date on Friday! It's been so easy I can hardly believe it. My last date was a disaster (thread) but this one looks much different. Lets see how it turns out.

ciao,
                          ivan

Comment

Originally posted by drslump
                            She is from Rome.
                            There are some photos over my site, check the sig.
                            Really nice girl...
                            Tipical Italian girl, however. I think I have a few tenths of them stored somewhere, if you want a replacement or two.
                            (just kidding, but there must be a reason for we Italians loves blondes )

Where in Italy is Viareggio?
                            I want to go to Italy this summer, most probably to Toscani. I have some friends running a motel there so I might work there a bit to pay for the travel.
                            Guess where?
                            In Tuscany
                            It's on the coast, i'ts one of the most famous place in Italy.
                            Just look at www.mappy.com, if you want to find it more accurately.

Ciao

Comment

Working...
                            X