NV35 Benches/Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NV35 Benches/Pics

Before the article got pulled on TT-Hardware, they posted benchmark results. Also, X86-Secret posted some images of the card itself. Take it with a grain of salt, but since Nvidia pulled it, they may be accurate.
    Attached Files

First Pic
    Attached Files

Comment

2nd Pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks.. I was trying to get to those benchmarks, and I just thought I could not navigate in french
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Good, hope it's as fast at it appears, the more competition the better.

Comment

It really makes you wonder why NV35 is released next week, considering the NV30 is a complete failure, as the CEO says,

"Chief Executive Jen-Hsun Huang said the company will launch its new graphics chip, code-named "NV35," next week. It will replace the company's prior top-end product, code-named NV30, which Huang said was unsuccessful."

Just why not earlier, or why not later? They just wasted big money on NV30...

(the whole reaction is unlike that of matrox )
            P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
            Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
            And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

hmm... look at the memory layout! Look's like Parhelia's memory arrangement?

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
                It really makes you wonder why NV35 is released next week, considering the NV30 is a complete failure, as the CEO says,

"Chief Executive Jen-Hsun Huang said the company will launch its new graphics chip, code-named "NV35," next week. It will replace the company's prior top-end product, code-named NV30, which Huang said was unsuccessful."

Well I'm assuming that the NV35 un****s all the problems that they had with the NV30. They ****ed up with it some how. Just kinda amazing that they can have it come out 3-4 months after the GFFX came out....
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

actually, let's face it. NV30 is not bad at all! It's just that it failed when being compared to R300

ATI's thermal management tech purchase from Intel plays a critical part in R300's success!

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                    Well I'm assuming that the NV35 un****s all the problems that they had with the NV30. They ****ed up with it some how. Just kinda amazing that they can have it come out 3-4 months after the GFFX came out....
                    Not too surprising. They're probably working on 3 generations at a time. They knew the NV30 was going to punt, so they stepped up the 35. I just wonder why they released the 30 at all.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Considering the R400 taped out many months ago, I think I'll quote Jen Hsung bit with a twist

"If they think they're going to hold onto that lead they're smoking something hallucinogenic" and in that I mean if nVidia thinks they're going to hold onto that lead

I am the 1 and the 0, the bit and the byte.
                      No computer is unbendable to my will, as hacking is not so much skill as psychology. Much like the lawmaker and the money that drives him to do as anyone would wish with it.

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy

(the whole reaction is unlike that of matrox )
                        Unsuccessful is far from failure. they were planning on shipping 1.5 million units. So far they shipped sth like 1.3million units. We're talking about their *high-end* card, not mainstream. Go ask Matrox about the P numbers

Their problem is that TSMC can't supply enough chips. The NV35 is a revised core that's easier/cheaper to produce.

Comment

I thought they were only going to produce 100 000 nv30 based boards...

Comment

Oh yea... nVIDIA's stock jumped 33% within friday

Comment

Stocks is about as close you can come to a real life imaginary game
                              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                              X