Looking to capture streaming video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to capture streaming video

I am in need of a tool that will allow me to capture to my HDD a video stream that could be either DivX or Windows Media. I have not had much luck out there with a web search for such a thing. Can anyone here make a suggestion?

Thanks!

I do this by recording the streaming video to my TiVo which is hooked up to the video and audio out on a pc. (ATI 7500 video card) and then import the recorded video to my iMac and edit as appropriate. I have had no success in recording and editing on the iMac by itself. I am all eyes and ears to see/hear what others have to say.

Comment

Have you tried WMRecorder version 7 from http://www.netfor2.com

I have not used it a lot but my wife wanted to keep a streamed video from a website for a while. It seemed to do the job of saving the streamed video to the HDD so she could watch it later. What I liked about saving it to HDD (apart from not having to download it each time) was that there is no dropout as the bandwidth of your internet connection fluctuates.

I make no further recommendation about it. Try it and see. I only used it once or twice for the odd occasion.

Comment

Cool link. Thanks, Darren.

Kevin

Comment

Looks like that will do the trick for Windows Media files, now just to find the DivX version of that!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X