New Harddrive maker Excelstor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Harddrive maker Excelstor

When browsing our suplyer lists I found a new HDD brand I haven't seen before

Excelstor

The harddrive manufactors have been becoming less the latest years and then its good that there are newcommers
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Chinese. Interesting.

But the fact that they call their drives "for entry level PCs" means I might not be an early-adopter here...
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

ExcelStor is not new. It's merely the new name of Conner. The Jupiter drives are licensed IBM/Hitachi 120GXP, and behave exactly like those do. Great value for money, if you trust them. Their older drives are absolute crap, though.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thanks for the info AZ, It was at least the first time I heard of them, Last time I heard from Conner was 97'
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hey, I still have a working connor in a spares bin(120MB !!!!)

Works ok
          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

my last conner was the one I Slammed hard several time into a kitchen sink!!

The bastard wouldent release its information

Comment

ROFL!
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Used Excelstor a couple of years back - were very poor performance but very cheap. Odd thin drives though...

Comment

Using a couple of excelstor drives at work... they are practically IBM drives with just a name change and here in singapore they give a longer warranty than IBM.. No problems but then i only have them for the past 6 mths..
                  Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                  ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I thought Conner became part of Seagate?

I think I've got a 40MB Conner lying around here somewhere...
                    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Seagate bought Conner peripherals back in 96. If I remember correctly, the founder of Conner Peripherals started a new company called Conner technologies, which later changed their name to Excelstor.
                      Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

There's a couple people here trying to get jobs with them. Apparently Xcelstor and IBM have some interesting partnering going on.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Interesting

Comment

All I know is that Excelstor has the rights to use 120GXP tech, but there's likely something more behind it.

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yeah, they're using IBM factories.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X