Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft & Best Buy caught doing a naughty....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft & Best Buy caught doing a naughty....

You couldn't make this kind of stuff up and have anyone believe it;

Apparently when people made purchases at Best Buy with credit or debit cards they'd scan and throw an MSN CD into their bag.

Microsoft would then start billing their cards for MSN service every month

Fraud is a felony......

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 May 2003, 19:53.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I'd believe this, except for all the safeguards built into MSN software. You have to electronically sign a BUNCH of shit just to get on.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Bastards!!!!
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Shifty.

Comment

No, honestly I just don't buy it.

Where are all the OTHER injured parties? The fact that it's a class action is misleading... who else has this happened to? I want some corroboration. I refuse to believe that MS would be STUPID (and it's insanely stupid) enough to charge someone without their permission. There is no legal defense for that... which is why I don't buy it.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I do not get it. If he has not been unable to get a full refund, then why demand it?
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by cking4@ford.com
              Gurm:

Not Microsoft -- Best Buy. Read the CNN article. It states that Best Buy is in danger of losing their MSN
              marketing deal (and the cash flow it provides), probably due to the number of subscriptions they're selling
              falling short of expectations. Looks to me like they're the one holding the bag here, and Bill is just turning
              and looking the other way...
              Wrong check again.

A Los Angeles man has filed a proposed class action lawsuit against Best Buy Inc. and Microsoft Corp.,

He also asked Microsoft a for a refund which they refused.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

We will just have to wait and see
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

indeed....
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

My point is that maybe the guy bought a $800 PC for $600, and decided that he didn't want the MSN subscription because he was a ****ing RETARD and is now suing.

In fact, in several states it is illegal to require someone to take a loan in order to purchase a product for a particular price, which is essentially what the MSN deal is. In those states, the MSN rebate isn't offered. But I imagine that other states have similar issues.

- Gurm

Comment

The consumer "ombudsman" here in sweden has had to really bust some heads to get the electronics chains to actualy write out on the price tags on computers that the price is only with "this or that" isp memebership
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                      X