G400 on i875P motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 on i875P motherboards

Now that the issues with G400 on i845 boards are sorted out, it's time to start all over again with the next generation.

The specs for i875P boards seems to be AGP 8X.
    I have an old G400 MAX with the R68 bridge mod to make it go 1.5 V

Will there be smoke and fire if I put it in a new i875 - board ?

I've NOT tryed, but seems to be that the 875 specs are ADDING the AGP8X.

The AGP4X is still present so if you have modded your G400Max in order to have 1,5V I think should be working...... as all other cards from G400Max rev. B, G4x0, G550 etc... should be compatible whit this chipset !

Anyone have already attempted this ?

We need a confirmation !! (only until we don't buy a Millennium-P Series board...)

========

An out of thread question: do you think the P-Series is too slow compared to the parhelia in 3D? (near half the price, near half the speed, see: http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/c...s_parhelia.cfm )
    <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
    <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

Working...
    X