MSPro ADVANCE=1 settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSPro ADVANCE=1 settings

I have tried looking in this forum, on DMN, google web pages and newsgroups for details on the advanced settings for the MPEG-2 MC encoder. I have drawn a blank and so am asking directly.

Is there a full description of each setting? Some advice I saw (here or on DMN) suggested some sliders go toward 0 for better results (motion settings?) and other go higher for better results.

I have seen a few web pages detailing settings for TMPGEnc but not for MC encoder inside MSP. Can someone please direct me to the relvevant place.

Thanks

... seems our questions are similar, both in terms of contents as response so far.

On the Adobe site, you can download a (extremly) rudimentary rundown on the MC plugin. A better choice is to simply download the Demo version of the Mainconcept Standalone Mpeg codec : the interface of the standalone, the Premiere6.5 and the MSP 7.0 (after the Advance=1 flag) are largly identical both in structure as functionality, so basic answers can already be obtained by that way.

There's no seperate manual, but the Help files will guide you through the "what value can be expected for what purpose". I was asking for a much deeper insight too, but so far "0".

It may not be much, but at least it's something.

Kris
    Last edited by Kris1; 8 May 2003, 08:28.

Comment

Thanks

My use of MSPro will be capture Hi-8 analog tape via AVI_IO, use MSPro to edit, built-in MC MPEG.Now to create MPEG-2 files, DVDWS to author onto DVD.

My source material will be camcorder clips of my kids, i.e. shaky hand, fast motion (kids gymnastics) etc. Hence I am interested in the motion estimation etc. and high bit rate for quality. I am thinking about CBR 8000 to give 1 hour per DVD (the content is more important than unit cost of discs). However, if I could use MEG.Now to get 8000 VBR and squeeze some extra minutes it would be nice.

I'll have a look at the help file tomorrow. Thanks again.

Anybody else, please feel free to chip in!

Comment

Working...
      X