BBC item on BitTorrent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC item on BitTorrent...

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    FT.

Damn, there goes the neighbourhood.

I forsee all my favourite BitTorrent sites rapidly overflowing their bandwidth allowances as everyone hops on the bandwagon.

Why oh why isn't there a way of stealing american TV that scales better with demand? Obvisouly BitTorrent is damn fine but we need something that'll survive becoming napstered.

Anyway - I don't really consider downloading american TV to be stealing as much as ripping off albums. I pay my money to get SKy TV and I don't plan on stopping my subscription before this season of buffy, for instance, finishes on Sky.

It just becomes a more extreme version of time-shifting tv. Sky utterly condones that in all their advertising for their TiVo-alike.

Nice to see the BitTorrent system getting some press though - it's a good system that a lot of the big download companies could use to great effect. No more waiting for 3 hours on fileplanet for a chance to begin downloading the latest 200Mb demo.

Uberlad
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

A download system for all kinds of legal and illegal files that not only scales, but gets better with demand is eDonkey/Overnet.

It's really, really great, and to protect you from fakes, there are a lot of sites like sharereactor, which list known good files, or jigle, which lists known fake files.

It works. I use an eMule client, but there are now eDonkey/Overnet (Overnet is the same, only completely serverless!) clients one could try.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
      X