Premiere / G400 -> Leadtek A280

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere / G400 -> Leadtek A280

Having a Marvel G400 which is not compatible with Premiere (choppy playback),
    I would like to know if a Leadtek Winfast A280 Ultra TD MyVIVO is compatible with Premiere 6.5.
    Would it in general be nVIDIA GeForce4 types that are compatible?

Regards
    asdk

The marvel G400 might be a bit old but it is NOT incompatible with Premiere!

What you are describing is probably some configuration problem.

Nvidia cards in general are something to avoid in capture situations!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hi Technoid,

you are just saying not to use Nvidia cards, but not telling why and not telling what else to use..... :-(

Comment

If would tell you what tou use I'd tell you to stick with your marvel.
        Even if you dont use its capture functions its still a good vidcard to use while editing.

Q. Why Nvidiacards should be avoided?
        A. The nvidia cards use a PCI clock of 248, the highest recomeded per spec is 64 (the marvel, and all other Matrox cards use 32).
        This casues the PCI bus to choke.

In a system where everything are set to 32:
        |Vid---->|Sound---->|HDD---->|CPU---->|Sound---->|Vid---->|CPU---->|HDD---->| (simplified )
        Al devices get an equal share and don't have to wait.
        In a system with a Nvidia card:

|Vid---------------->|Sound---->|HDD---->|CPU---->|Sound---->|HDD---->|CPU---->|Sound---->|Vid---------------->CPU---->|HDD---->| (simplified )
        Other devices have to wait untill their "time" in line and when given the oportunity have to unload all they have been waiting to do.

I solved this problem with Powerstrip and forcing my nvidia card to "only" use 96 clocks wich gives it a slightly higher priority than other devices but not ridiculusly much.
        unfortunatley that is in my gaming system, on a capture machine you want to awoid "hickups" as much as posible!
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
        X