X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PANASONIC Announces 2 New DVD Recorders

Cool.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

And given that Ulead's new products are very much geared for use with DVD recorders it's even more cool.

I can't tell you how much fun I've been having with my Panasonic SW-9571-CYY DVD-R/RW/RAM burner

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

You got me excited there a minute. I thought this was a newer announcement (saw this one when it was released). I'm waiting for their DMR-E100H product which will be their full-featured 80GB recorder.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

What About DVD-VR Editing?

How's editing the mpegs recorded by these standalone recorders? DVD-VR is what I thought its being called.

How well does MSP7 really handle it?

If I can't record on DVD-RAM (or DVD+RW or DVD-RW), cut out the comercials, and burn to DVD+R (or whatever) without re-rendering I'm not interested.

--wally.

Comment

To capture video from a DVD folder, unprotected DVD, DVD-video or DVD-VR (-R or RAM) you use the Ulead DVD-VR plugin in Video Capture;

Once you select your scenes the VOB's are very quickly "captured" to MPEG files on your HDD. Once you have them on the HDD you can edit them in MSPro7 using smartrender as long as you set up the correct project properties.

To write video to DVD-VR format using DVD-R or DVD-RAM (using DVD-VR format) you use the DVD-VR wizard in the Export menu;

or they can be imported into DVDWS2 LE for re-authoring.

OR.....

DVDMF2 can import chapters from unprotected DVD, DVD-video or DVD-VR directly to its timeline and export to DVD-video or DVD-video (fast editable).

DVD-video (fast editable) is used with DVD + or - RW disks to allow on-disk editing without putting the video on the HDD, so once you have a DVD on RW disks it can be changed on the fly.

Questions?

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 May 2003, 19:44.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X