So whats the verdict? G400-TV vs G450eTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whats the verdict? G400-TV vs G450eTV

I have wanted to upgrade my video capture (pinnacle mp10) for almost a year. At first I was going to buy the G400-tv because of its hardware compression capabilities. Then I heard rumors of the new board based on the G450. So I waited. But now they release the G450eTV and it is a totally different animal! I don't even know where to start to compare them. I am rather new to all this techno-babble, and would really just like to get then skinny on what I should buy...

Thanks,
    Jena

I think this would depend mostly on the processor of your computer. If you have a 600mhz Pentium or greater, I'd say you'd do fine with the G450, but less than that, I'd get the G400.

Personally I'd go for G400 anyway, as the price should drop after the 450 comes out and I seriously doubt the 450 will be effectively any better than the 400.

- Aryko

Comment

...still looking for a used one up in Canada...the price at the Matrox store is still a rip off...
      ==
      "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

Ok. that at least gives me a little bit of a clue that someone else is not impressed with the G450eTV. Sure wish it came in a 32mb video RAM version though...

Is the G400-TV WindowsME compatible?

Comment

Working...
        X