Svideo switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Svideo switch?

Try www.keene.co.uk for a huge array of photographic/video accessories in the UK.

They're cool for camcorder batteries an' stuff too.

Svideo switch?

I got too many svideo devices (Marvel, DVDmaster...) and only one input on my Sony monitor.

Anyone know a good Svideo+stereo audio switch, 4 ports in, one out, minimum?

Quality is important, price say UKP200 max. Prefer active switch, bad experiences with those mechanical things.

J-kun

Comment

I know you said you don't like the mechanical switches, BUT, I've got one of these from Radio Shack. I like it.

<a href="http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CT LG%5F002%5F002%5F001%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D1966" >4-Input Audio/Video Selector with S-Video Jacks</a>

AlgoRhythm

Comment

I found the VH920 (scroll to the bottom of the page) a few days ago while looking for a S-VHS "repeater". I haven't bought it, so I can't recommend it, but it looks promising. It learns your remotes IR power signal and switches automatically to the source. Might not be perfect, but at $90, it isn't too expensive... If you get it, post back to let us know how it works...

Comment

Aah, @#*#!!

Thanks for replying, but I just noticed I made a little error in my post. I forgot to specify I needed a _PAL_ svideo switch. I already got one for NTSC (JVX JX700, very nice).

Radio Shack no longer exists here (Tandy went bust years ago) and for this low price product I think import from the US to Europe would be a bit too expensive.

Any tips for Euro PAL switches anyone? Svideo please, no bloody scart :-)

J-kun

Comment

For those with modest needs/budget this seems to be an awesome buy...
            http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...#more-pictures

-Anthony
            Anthony
            • Slot 1 Celeron 400, Asus P2B, 256MB PC-100
            • AGP Marvel-TV 8MB NTSC
            • Turtle Beach Montego PCI sound card
            • C: IBM 10.1, 5400, Primary on 1, System, Swap, Software
            • D: IBM 13.5, 5400, Primary on 2, Dedicated to video
            • E: Memorex 48x CD, Secondary on 1
            • F: Yamaha CD-RW 2x2x8, Secondary on 2
            • Win98, FAT32 on C: & D:
            • MediaStudio Pro 5.2

Comment

Maplin do a remote controlled switcher for 79-99GBP LF57M (Maplin.co.uk). It is SCART though, although they sell SCART to SVHS + phono adapters for 4-73GBP VA26D(if you buy 5+ otherwise they're 7-99 each). This from their more info:
              "· 5 A/V inputs and 1 output or 4 outputs and 2 inputs
              · Independent output to TV and VCR allows
              you to record from another equipment
              · Front Panel 3 RCA inputs
              · Rear panel 4 RGB Scarts, 3 RCA outputs
              · Remote control
              If you find yourself running out of sockets (TV-video-sat receiver-a/v amp etc) then this control centre is for you. Once connected you can use the remote control to switch between units. "

Hope this helps.

Dave
              Don't make me angry...

Comment

Thanks Dave, had almost given up on anyone replying.

I went over and had a look. Unfortunately, this kit isn't Svideo compliant, it will only work with composite video.

The scart ports aren't fully wired, just the audio and composite video leads

J-kun

Comment

Working...
                X