Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here use a PDA?

I am a Sony Clie SJ33 user.

320x240, excel, word, powerpoint, publisher, Lord of the Rings FOTR/TTT, Hunchback of Notre Dame, all my emails, all my work/family/business contacts, all my business documents-contracts licenses etc, all my doctors/dentist/work/business appointments for the next 3 years, budget, grocery list, quicken, and source code header files, cnn.com salon.com weather.com anandtech.com msnbc.com mobilebikes.net pcworld.com yahoo.com, simcity, robotron, rayman, and about 2 hours of mp3's all in the palm of my hand.

Anyone else use a palm/pocketpc device?
    Once you use them effectively, to lose them is like losing your wallet with all your creditcards/cash/family heirlooms in it.

Oh yeah, I also keep a record of all my logins, bank account #'s but that's protected by a password prog in the Clie.
    I am the 1 and the 0, the bit and the byte.
    No computer is unbendable to my will, as hacking is not so much skill as psychology. Much like the lawmaker and the money that drives him to do as anyone would wish with it.

I had an old Palm Pilot that I never use, but I'm looking for new options, does anyone have links to comparative reviews of new pocket pc's ?
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

It's difficult to recommend a WindowsCE based PDA.

They are getting behind in apps and flexibility.

I'd go with a PalmOS based device. The Zire71 looks like a real nice deal. Integrated camera and high-res screen and such.
      No computer is unbendable to my will, as hacking is not so much skill as psychology. Much like the lawmaker and the money that drives him to do as anyone would wish with it.

Comment

I'm still using a Psion 5mx: greyscale display (640x240), keyboard, ...

Normally it is used to store my appointments, addresses, and to send emails/faxes/sms via my cell-phone. Unfortunatly, since we started using encrypted protocols, I can no longer use the mail-client to read my emails (it doesn't support SSL), and I haven't found a working tunneling application...

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I'd maybe use a PDA if there was a PDA/iPod habrid (without camera, but with harddisk).

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I use a Palm M130, but I don't use it for much more than an electronic diary. While it will do much more (Office docs, image viewer, movie player...) they are all too limited to be much use.

I tend to keep all the info I need in my Outlook contacts and mirror it to the pda.

To be really useful they need much better/faster input options, such as the new wave of devices with built in keyboards, but I haven't tried them yet.
            FT.

Comment

Az, the latest iPod software does make it PDA-ish, with calendars and stuff.

My Handspring Visor Deluxe gave up the ghost recently, and I replaced it with a Clie SJ-22.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I use a Palm Vx
                Its enough for all I wan't
                The Zire 71 would be a nice upgrade path if it wasnt for the inane idea of puting a camera into it
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Yes I still use the old Palm III ex it's good enough for my simple purposes...

~Sethos
                  "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

I have a Dell Axim X5 400mhz/64MB RAM PDA...its pretty neat and its good for holding contacts and phone numbers stuff.
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

AHh, I still want a GOOD, FAST, crisp PDA/cell phone w/ a built in keyboard.

Comment

Koolio,
                        The tungsten W is SWEET man, it will play mp3's, do addresses, calendars, all that stuff and it's a cell phone.

@az
                        My Clie SJ33 can play about 6 hours of music with my mem stick. It playes it crisp and clear too and the battery lasts a good 5 hours doing nothing but playing mp3 music.

I'd take the clie over the ipod any day.

Comment

<--- Viewsonic V35 heaven.

Comment

I'd rather have a tablet PC.

Jammrock
                            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I have an iPAQ H3970.

I love it, but the M$ software is pants... None of my word docs can be edited on the PDA...
                              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                              X