Burned DVD plays on player but not on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burned DVD plays on player but not on PC

I am having a problem with a few DVD's I have recently burned. They play ok on my set-top DVD player but when I load them into the same DVD burner they were made on they are not recognized as dvd's.

I am not certain what program I used to burn these DVD's as I was running trial copies of Ulead DVD Workshop, Media Studio 6.5 and MovieFactory2 at the time. I seem to recall a setting in one of the programs I was using that was called something along the lines of "allow disc to be copied?" and wonder if that was active when I burned these DVD's and is causing my problem but frankly I am not sure where I may have seen that option.

The disc spins up and them Windows says unable to read. My player programs all say "no disc in tray" or some such thing. BUT...take the disc to my set-top player and it plays as designed.
    I really need to make a back up copy of some of these DVD's. Is there some way to force the copying of what I know is on these discs???
    Help please!

PS: I used virtualDub, Premiere 6.0 and TMPGenc to create all of these (I think) and my system is as follows:
    Pentium IV 2.4GHz, 512M RDRAM, 40GB system drive,
    2 X 60 GB drives in RAID 0 for video capture, Edit, etc., Sony DRU120A DVD+RW/R burner, ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500 AGP Video/capture card.

What player software are you using? Have you set it up to recognise the insertion of a DVD disc?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

You didn't say what OS you use.

Make sure XP's built in CD burning is turned off as it might be "grabbing" the CD burner sub-device preventing it from working with DVDs.

Other than this, you are in wierdsville with this problem.

--wally.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. My operating system is XP/Pro and I forgot to mention that all of my other DVD's made before and after this problem group of about four DVD's play fine on both PC and player (my set-top player is a Philips). There must be some way to force Windows to read the raw data that is on these DVD's so I can copy???? I need expert help on this!

Comment

Working...
        X