Matrox, you readin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox, you readin?

I hate to do this again, but I would like to direct this message to Haig. It would seem that there are a few things appreciative coming from Matrox. From what I have seen it appears that Matrox pays attention to what goes on here moreso than a few months ago. Alot more than what some may think.
    First off, to the employees that are putting up with all the asinine remarks and incessant complaining you guys are da'man!
    I haven't seen any Matrox employees ignore requests, and put down comments from anyone here, and that takes some character. I am very appreciative of the situation going on inside the company and for what you guys have had to work with you are doing a hell of a job.

Another point, it seems sales has turned from the dark side and is being more forthcoming to customers. My response from them was very positive, and they offered whatever they could do being in their position.

As for Haig's excellent sources of information for the customers as to their avenues for letting the company know to the demands from customers, he's been wonderful and it sounds like it's getting stuff done.

It's really neat, how participating in the forums and discussing has really changed the perspective I had. While the conclusions I have drawn are pretty much the same, nobody denied it. The entire attitude was "can't unring a bell, where do we go now?" Which is exactly what is needed.

I saw the same attitude from nVidia employees during the Riva128 days. As I have told sales time and time again, I volunteer my time in any possible way that I can. Plus, working for a Hospital I have snagged a small nice little deal for some Millenium P's to goto a few departments. I know that at least 20 cards should be ordered.

Everything lately seems indicative of some followup work being done to support the P more. Linux driver's current status, and where it looks like we're going with Vertex Shader 2.0.
    What I am hoping is that the engineer-exodus has stopped or at least been stemmed.

I will still never forget the look on my face when I benchmarked the card on SSE:2 with FAA and it beat the GeForce4 in both quality and speed. Same for Unreal 2.
    Last edited by DedicatedFan3D; 5 May 2003, 20:31.
    I am the 1 and the 0, the bit and the byte.
    No computer is unbendable to my will, as hacking is not so much skill as psychology. Much like the lawmaker and the money that drives him to do as anyone would wish with it.

Depending on how Matrox does with implimenting Vertex Shader 2.0 and continuing to support Parhelia, I see quite a need for quite a need Millenium-P's over here.
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I still wanna know what Matrox plans on doing about the banding issue....
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Well, I'm assuming that banding will be absent from P650/P750.
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
          Well, I'm assuming that banding will be absent from P650/P750.
          Yea... can't take them 1 year to solve such a simple bug

Comment

Remember that the banding issue is only on the high-end model!

But seriously, the Millennium-P series is a very interesting card to use in some of the machines at work. and I realy hope they implement Vertex Shadder 2.0 in new drivers for the old Parhelia! I'm ready for ParheliaII now!

Comment

From what I have seen it appears that Matrox pays attention to what goes on here moreso than a few months ago. Alot more than what some may think.
              First off, to the employees that are putting up with all the asinine remarks and incessant complaining you guys are da'man!
              That might just be their new PR practice I think. They are promising things doesn't mean they're working on things

But sure I hope they are!!
              P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
              Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
              And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Shouldn't this thread to be moved to Matrox Hardware forum?

Comment

@Wy

It is not difficult to get Derek Perez to make a dirogatory statement publicly. In fact I use to talk to Dwight Dierckes at nVidia and he at one time got on a forum and twisted off on someone.

@Mikko
                  Um, I thought it fit in general simply because of the "broadness" of it.
                  I am the 1 and the 0, the bit and the byte.
                  No computer is unbendable to my will, as hacking is not so much skill as psychology. Much like the lawmaker and the money that drives him to do as anyone would wish with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X