avi deinterlacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avi deinterlacing?

i tried using mpspro 7 to capture an avi as huffy yuy2 or any other codec, and i still get these faint lines in it, thats because of no deinterlacing right? I have that option when i capture mpegs and it fixes it, how do i fix it for avi? 320x240 and there isn' any lines, but anything above that there is? any suggestions on how to fix this w/ mspro 7.0 or dvdmoviefactory2?

anyone know? i can't go hardware method cause i'm poor.

Comment

What capture device are you using and what field order is the project set up for? Are the lines on the computer monitor or on an analog TV display?

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

You can use VirtualDub to deinterlace .AVI movies.
        The end result is quite good.

Debbie
        We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Vdubb won't let me capture above 320x240 tho,

the lines are on the monitor and tv, they are in the video file i capture, its similar when if i don't put dinterlace when i capture high res mpeg2. But under avi i dont' have that option or atleast cannot find it

I'm trying to use Mspro 7 to capture, my card is Avermedia AverTv STudio and the newest drivers.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Have you looked at the reviews in vcdhelp.com? In the capture card review section and search for avermedia cards. You'll find the AverDVD EZMaker and amongst the reviewers, a guy who couldn't get the card to work with any third party apps. That was until he found iuVCR, a shareware capture proggy that he claims to has solved all his capture formatting problems. Could be worth a look...

Have you tried any other codecs like PicVideo?

BTW, how is the Avermedia card treating you? Can you recommend it or have you found it to be problematic/troublesome? I'm considering purchasing the plain EZCapture card.

Cheers.
            Last edited by Frank Marshall; 15 May 2003, 04:09.
            Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

Well ill let you know how the card goes, its great for low res captures of uncompressed avi. I only need the deinterlacing when going above 320x240 on avi like huffy yuy2.

and it also captures mpeg 1 and 2 well w/ provided software or ulead.

also the card i have is the avermedia tvstudio card. its one of their newer ones altho not as new as their dvd one. got it for
              60$ tho. I'll try that software out.

Comment

well i tried capturing an avi yuy2 above 320x240 and it still has the deinterlacde problem, i basiaccly see faint horizontal lines when things are moving, if you or that guy knows a filter or how i can get rid of this it would be greatly appricated, i tried that uivcr.

please let me know thanks

Comment

Sorry I can't really help much more as I am currently using a Matrox Marvel G200. The Marvel was great for starters but it doesn't get along very well with Premiere, my NLE of choice. I'm thinking that a basic brooktree/connexant 878A-based capture card like the Avermedia EZ Capture (no TV to complicate things), combined with a plain G550 (for output to tape, dual head and eventual LCD monitor support), is the answer for my needs.

I can only suggest you try asking at some forums where the focus is on tv-capture cards.

Hope it works out for you and keep us/me posted please.
                  Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

How about this:

are you only seeing this on your computer monitor or are they also apparent when you play it on a TV? If on the monitor only and somethings moving across the field of view rapidly do some frames have object boundaries that look like the edge of a feather?

If so then this is normal when viewing an interlaced source on a non-interlaced monitor.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

yah thats exactly what it looks like, more noticeable when motion moves faster. Do u know any way around this? as i'd like to view on the monitor and the tv. I havne't looked at a file encoded like that has that issue on the tv yet, but i'll look into it.

is there a way to encode an mpeg2 so that it gets rid of those lines?
                      What do you capture @ specs hardware etc. thanks
                      Last edited by crow8k3a; 15 May 2003, 20:01.

Comment

You're saying you want to view the sequence on a monitor and that it looks OK on a TV?

If if looks OK then deinterlacing the MPEG-2 should work on a computer monitor. I'd encode it using TMPGEnc's "Even-Odd field (field, adaptation) deinterlacer (it's on the Settings/Advanced menu). This delivers excellent results. You could also export using MSPro's FRAME mode or the Premiere 6.5 MPEG encoders deinterlace setting.

I can capture DV using IEEE-1394 or analog to YUY2, RGB or DV/DVCAM using my RT.X100's composite & S-video inputs.

Use a capture tool like AVI_IO and I can apply whatever capture-capable softcodec I want (PICVideo MJPeg, Morgan MJPeg, HuffYUV, DivX5, Cinepak, Indeo, Microsoft Video1 etc).

With MSPro7's capture tool I can capture to DV, MPEG-1/2 or WMV, though there is no RT.X100 plugin for MSPro that allows the use of any of its special features other than its IEEE-1394, analog capture or organic wipes (using the MSPro MASK transition or SpiceMaster).

Dr. Mordrid
                        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 May 2003, 20:40.
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

i tried deinterlacing with tsunami but it didn't help too much

the only successful capture i can do w/ optimum quality is capturing avi huffy yuy2 at 320x240 and scale it up to 480x480 w/ tusnami as svcd mpeg 2. shouldn't look better than a file capped at 480x480 and converted to the same resolution and bitrate but it does, really strange to me.

anyways if u can send me a matrox RT it'd be greatly apprreciated

oh seriously, i'm thinking of getting a TDK indi dvd burner, i heard good things about it and it seems to work well w/ software i have, anything u know about that?

Comment

I'm using a Panasonic DVD Burner II SW-9571-CYY (DVD-R/RW/RAM) and have had great luck with it.

The disks have played on APEX, Pioneer, PS/2 and several other decks with no problems plus I have the ability to re-edit DVD-VR video (recorded on DVD-RW or DVD-RAM) using some of MSPro7/DVDWS2's new features.

Having DVD-RAM available for data storage & backup is sauce for the goose, and this drive can use caddy-less DVD-RAM media.

You wish I could send you an RT.X100

Seriously; it's a great realtime board and with the upcoming Xtreme driver set it'll be even better. Lot's of new toyz in those drivers

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 May 2003, 09:17.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                            X