Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Moviefactory 2 (dr. mordrid?)

I'm trying to make both dvd's and svcd's w/ dvd moviefactory2

my only problem is i can't figure out how to customize the mpeg settings.

i want to capture on the fly at 1600kbps for svcd, but they don't have any preset options for that. I also want to capture dvd resolution at 3000kbps, the only ones they have is 4000 and up.
    Does anyone know how to customize this? all my options are always grayed out.

Please helP

On the Finish page you can access a menu that gives access to the MPEG settings. In DVDMF2 it's the box at the bottom with a check on it that brings up the Project Settings.

Click this and then the button that reads "Change MPEG settings" and then "Customize" at the bottom of the presets selector.

On the Compression tab you'll find the MPEG settings. If you have the Advanced menu activated you'll have access to that as well.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yah, but doesn't that just recompress the mpeg video you already captured, and make the quality worse?

is there a way to capture straight to a customized mpeg setting? such at svcd at 1600kbps and dvd at 3000kbps?
      Last edited by crow8k3a; 5 May 2003, 08:13.

Comment

Ahhh...and the problem is that the bitrate settings are ghosted in the capture modules MPEG menu, right?

You can unghost the MPEG SVCD VBR profile by going here;

c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\ulead systems\ulead dvd moviefactory\2.01

Now load the file "CapMPType.ini" into notepad and look for the SVCD entry you want unlocked. Making the presumtion you want to use NTSC VBR look for this;

[MPEG_TYPE_SETTING_3]

which should have this name field in the first line;

SVCD-NTSC VBR(480X480)

Now look for this entry a few lines down;

bAllowModify=0

and change the 0 to a 1. Save it back out and re-start DVDMF2.

You should now be able to make bitrate and other changes in the MPEG capture menu for this profile.

Changing this field in the other CapMPType.ini profiles will also unlock them.

Editing the CapMPType.ini file for other programs will also unlock their MPEG capture options; MSPro, VS, DVDWS etc.

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 May 2003, 08:46.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

You are AWSOME! ! thanks, i haven't tried it yet but i'll let you know. Also, is there any reason teh mpegII capturing looks awful in mspro 6.5 , 7, compared to ulead dvd moviefactory?

Thanks alot for your help

Comment

One tip on changing the *.ini above: if you haven't done it already you'll have to go into Explorers Tools/Folder Options/View menu and set it to show invisible and hidden files to see the Applications Data folder.

You also might want to make a backup copy of CapMPType.ini before messing with it.

As for capture qualty; all Ulead programs use the same encoder files (they're in c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg), so it's not that code. Might want to compare their respective CapMPType.ini entries.

I don't usually capture MPEG so I'm not that "up" on using it. I prefer to capture higher qualty sources then encode those, which gives better results at the cost of a bit of time.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 May 2003, 09:08.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

yah you're right, the vbr mpeg capture is horrible. Its just i'd have to make frequent captures and don't have the hd space right now to capture w/ huffy avi and spend all night compressing.
              the cbr is good, but at 1600kbs it goes beyond a cdr limit.

what do you capture at and capture with just curious?

Comment

one more question

the only software i can successsfully capture above 320x240 in yuy2 is moviefactory. but the video has lines thru it, is there a way to deinterlace it when you capture, like there is with the mpeg settings. i used to use vdub, but it won't let me capture above 320x240 w/ my card. you know how w/ moviefactory2? thanks
                Last edited by crow8k3a; 5 May 2003, 09:40.

Comment

one more question

the only software i can successsfully capture above 320x240 in yuy2. is there a way to deinterlace it when you capture, like there is with the mpeg settings. i used to use vdub, but it won't let me capture above 320x240 w/ my card. you know how w/ moviefactory2? thanks

Comment

i tried using mpspro 7 to capture the avi as huffy yuy2, and i till get these faint lines in it, thats because of no deinterlacing right? I have that option for mpegs and it fixes it, how do i fix it for avi?

Comment

Working...
                    X