Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200: cause for worries ?

Hello,

I recently installed XP on my secondary system (PII-450). Upon boot, while the XP-logo is displayed, the monitor flashes. It first shows the logo, then flashes to black with a lot of dots (yellow, blue, white, red, ...) grouped in a number of rectangles (8 or so), then shows the logo again.

I haven't installed the Matroxdrivers yet, so it is working with the standard supplied drivers.

What causes this colourfull pattern ?
    Is it any cause for concern (the pattern looks like things I've seen caused by bad RAM, but in my case it only occurs at that time) ?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I've also seen this with a G400 and G450. Maybe it's an issue with Intel drivers coming with XP, because this doesn't occur with previous OS'es. If you know the cause, or how to get rid of the symptoms, please reply back. A lot of people seem to have this, expecially with Intel 815e(p) chipsets.

Maybe Haig knows the answer?
    Peter Aragon
    Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Well, the PentiumII has a BX chipset... I'll upgrade to the matrox-drivers as soon as I get the chance though.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Had no problems with Matrox and BX (G200 and G400), however I never ran a Matrox card on XP.

Get 5.88 drivers and see what that does.
        Last edited by UtwigMU; 5 May 2003, 06:04.

Comment

The same happens to me (g400 sh 16mb on msi k7t turbo 2 - kt133a) when I'm using drivers from microsoft.
          I wouldn't be worry though.

Comment

Working...
          X